Sign in to follow this  
g-master

g-master's G60(updated 20.06.04)

g-master, Id be interested in knowing how your brother's valver performs against the G60 upto 60?

Always drive wifes golf 16v and it just flies in 1st making power all the way to the red line! Id guess they have got to have the edge in 1st and start of 2nd until the Corrado gets its weight moving? Is that right?

G-Lader, yeah your right, but there's not much in it once the G60 is in 3rd gear it start's to have the edge :) Standard times for the two cars show that the 16v is quicker 0-60 in 8.0 for the valuer and 8.9 for the G60 . They do go well those valer's round a twisty b road it's quiet hard to keep up but i don't tell my bro that :wink: On a dual carriageway or motor way the G60 wins :p

thought as much, even with the 68mm pulley and Stg 4 (not that mine is putting out huge psi or anything) the Corrado's weight/gear ratios really work against it off the line!

What have you done with the throttle body since removing boost return?

And do you just have standard injectors with the 65mm pulley?

I have mine left open at them moment but am considering putting on a green filter.

What have you done with the throttle body since removing boost return?

And do you just have standard injectors with the 65mm pulley?

I have mine left open at them moment but am considering putting on a green filter.

dont put a filter on the t/b leave it open of vent a pipe under the car but only if its to noisy for you otherwise just leave it be ... :lol:

Hmmmn,

I have a Green Cotton air filter on the underside of my throttle body and it is fine, doesn't get blown off etc, 8)

Cheers

BigEastsideVWG60

Like g-man says, i have run a pipe from tb to under the car, it's a bit quieter but you still get the nice dumping noise. i'm still running green injectors at the mo with the 65mm cars making about 15psi boost, so greens should be ok for a while until i get the red tops. :) Just wondering BigEastside what's the noise like with filter on tb :?:

Struans is not that loud on idle much the same as mine - but the boost being dumped is a fair bit louder, most of this is probably down to it running higher psi, although it would make sense that with a filter the noise would be louder as the air is being forced out through it?

The characteristic of the noise is the same as without filter - just seems louder

Right having had my rado for 3 years now, i finally got round to sorting the suspension out had a weitec kit fitted to day with new top mounts and bump stops. Got the car corner weighted aswell not cheap but worth it :) The ride is ok not to harsh but quite a bit harder then standard, lowered it by about 40mm not loads but a enough to make a difference looks so much better :wink: Here's a pic not great it was getting dark more soon ........

And now you got your car lowered, it looks even MORE like mine! Argh!! :D

Looking good though :)

Looking good matey... 8)

Another one to add to the list of those which have been corner weighted... 'tain't cheap, but, by God, doesn't it make a difference... 8) :D

G-Lader, Corner weighting is where the car is put onto 4 sets of scales so that the weight on each wheel can be matched by adjusting the ride height of the coil-overs... It's always set 50% left to right, (often with the driver sat in the car!) but can be altered front to back so that you get the perfect balance on the suspension... I'm pretty sure mine is set 60/40 front to rear (although it was nearly a year ago I had this done, so my memory of it is a little fuzzy...) A rear wheel drive car normally has 50/50 front and rear which is the optimum, but opinions vary as to which is the best setup for a front wheel drive...

:D just got back from a blast, to see what the new suspension and set up was like . :) Corner weighting worth every penny well pleased :) the weitec kit yep im happy with it so all in all money well spent :)