Sign in to follow this  
antinkariba

Ants Blue 2.0l 16v (ABF) Corrado - Heater Matrix Change :-(

Hey the car looks great,your red block looks awesome especially with the blue bodywork, i was wondering when you mention the "guide" for the ABF block conversion for the KR 1.8, could you point me towards the guide.

Thanks Calum

Hey the car looks great,your red block looks awesome especially with the blue bodywork, i was wondering when you mention the "guide" for the ABF block conversion for the KR 1.8, could you point me towards the guide.

Thanks Calum

Yeah sure, its on the clubgti forum though.

found here http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133418

Hope it helps

Heater Matrix time, a job that I was not looking forward to. However lack of heat and windscreen dimisting meant I had to get it done. So last night I started - and I must admit i was dreading it. However so far its not been as hard as I though. I managed to get the dash out in about an hour and 20 mins.

IMG00121-20101005-18111.jpg

As the night went on I took some more photos but cant get them off the camera at the moment so the Blackberry will do for now.

IMG00124-20101005-2002.jpg

I managed to get it all out with out any issues. The light went very quickly though so I stopped when I got to the point of taking the matrix out. Will do that tonight, and then re-plumb it all back in.

I did find some random wires and connectors that I need to know what they do - but more of that later.

While the clocks were out I though I would do what I have been wanting to do for ages and color the needles in. I have a set of VDO Gauges that have orange needles so I did the same with my dash ones. I think they look pretty sweet!

IMG00125-20101005-2217.jpg

IMG00126-20101005-2217.jpg

IMG00127-20101005-2221.jpg

They all need one more coat and then I think we are on to a winner!

Will do more once I get the matrix out and start to put the dash back. As the dash is out, is there anything else I could do or should to save having to do it later on?

Right then, so the heater matrix replacement went something like this..

Dash.jpg

Dash-2.jpg

Dash-4.jpg

Dash-5.jpg

Dash-6.jpg

Dash ready to come out

Dash-8.jpg

Dash out...

Dash-9.jpg

While I was doing this I came across a few things that I dont know what they do...

Firstly,

Dash-3.jpg

what is the connector for in this image?

And secondly,

Dash-7.jpg

Whats this? Found it behind the dash.

New Matrix is back in, all the dash is in. The Glove box - OMG what a Bi*ch to re fit. Unnecessarily difficult... anyway I got a bit carried away and forgot to take many photos of it going back in.

The old matrix seems to have been leaking so I'm guessing that was the issue. I'll know for sure when I reconnect the pipes back up this afternoon and refill it with coolant.

While the dash was out I managed to find the wires I need to wire my gauge loom up. I've run the wires through to the engine bay for the sensor and the battery.

Here is a picture of the clocks and gauges.

IMG00131-20101007-1801.jpg

IMG00133-20101008-0820.jpg

I did find this behind the dash though. Its not live or anything. Where does it go?

IMG00132-20101007-2024.jpg

Ah brilliant!

What can I plug it on to? and what sort of readings can I get from it etc?

With vag-com or similar you can get all the sensor readings and error codes.

Glove box light wires are thin and brown ( one with White tracer)

Red and brown are heater illumination, ashtray illumination dag lighter illumination

Fat chunky White block for dag lighter White long chunkyish block heater controls

Dash speakers one side Bly and one side red both with White tracers