Sign in to follow this  
MArrado

hot but no blow!...on any setting

Hi guys,

Im about to order a new heater/blower motor to try and solve this problem but thought id check to see if anyone recognise these symptoms as something obscure that i'd not considered.....a whiff of electrical burning? smell was noticable in the 'cockpit' and a few moments later realised that the blowers were no longer blowing. Naturally, first thought was fuses but all were unfortunatly still in tact which has left me thinking that the motor has expired. does this sound about right?

It has had a new heater matrix a couple of years ago but am pretty much lost without a haynes manual. (found the Corrado heater control repair guide in the Knowledge Base with info on where to find the motor- Thanks for that)

any thoughts appreciated - thanks, M

i have just had the same proble took out the heater motor and it was realy stiff to turn,

i used an aerosol can of brake cleaner sprayed that in the motor and know they are fine

thanks for the suggestions - i'll have a look at these before forking out on a new motor. What is a resister pack tho...and where did they hide it? ...and on a slightly different subject, is there an alternative to the H manual?

Thanks - M

The resistor pack sits on the side of the actual blower motor, the blower is hidden behind/above the passenger side undertray (below the glovebox). If you extract the motor itself, use the wiki guide for changing the thermal resistor is invaluable, I got my replacement from Maplins...

HTH

Alternative to the Haynes "The Bentley Manual", have a search on Amazon/Ebay, theres usually a few about. In the region of £70 tho...

THis happened to me this morning so guess wht I'm doing this weekend along with fixing my oil leak?

Weirdly mine didn't work on 4 either for a while then suddenly it did!

Nick

Cheers - followed the wicki guide to remove the motor (found some extra fuses and relays up there as well!) it wasnt jammed and didnt seem to smell burnt out so was a bit stumped. put it all back together again.....and it worked! think i must have hit a pothole/speed bump and shaken a connection loose (the front left headlight connector also came loose a couple of weeks back!) 3 weeks of driving round with the windows open....and all for a dodgy connection....gutted! cheap solution tho i guess.

Thanks anyway, not sure id have been able to find it without some help - M