Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Storm

Camping at Silverstone

Planning to go to Silverstone next year and camp the weekend. Is there anyone who's done this before and could recommend a campsite? Want to be as close as possible and somewhere lively, nothing 'quiet and family orientated'

Mark hi,

I am sure you can camp at Silverstone itself.

I certainly have before in a motorhome though.

Have you looked on the Silverstone website?

If no joy, I will try and find out locally for you

Wendy

Hi Mark

I work next to Silerstone, and there are quite a few camp sites for the Grand Prix, like wendy said check out the silverstone website. Most of the camp sites are lively, and there is a fun fair that goes on for most of the night, if you need any more fun

Thanks peeps

I did look at the website and most refer to being 'family friendly'. The only one off the website that seems to be more of a party site is Litchlake, but they don't take bookings. Hoping to get up on Thursday so shouldn't be a problem but would prefer to have something booked, or atleast a couple of options in case it gets full

Mark - Is it the Grand Prix you will be going to ?

If so, I don't know what Dude VR6 thinks about not booking camping, but certainly hotel, B & B stuff, i would really reccomend booking. I am 4 miles north of Banbury and its gets busy round here Grand Prix time.

If you do get unstuck though, I will always let you pitch a tent in my garden - at a cost !!! :lol: :lol:

Full English about 4ish? Done deal :D

Yeah its the Grand Prix I'm going to. Won't be doing a hotel or b&b, want to be right next to the circuit, so it's either camping or sleeping in the car.

either way itll be better thn the pod experience we had. good times but man that was cold!! you bought your tickets Mark?? Ive seen that they are on sale now but after the monster w/e i had in London + bloddy crimbo I have no money - booo poor me. Will get on it tho man....

Yeah, I know how you feel. Not bought em yet but planning to this weekend, credit card should help me out till end of Jan. Should at least be warmer even if its still raining!

Mark

if you do make it to the Grand Prix, look out for me, Black Corrado VR6, M reg with a Force India F1 car pass on the window. I hope you enjoy the Grand Prix, I did last year as I was working for Force India F1, but as usually both car fell off the track. I have my fingers crossed for the coming year now we have Mclaren/Mercedes engine.

If you do get unstuck though, I will always let you pitch a tent in my garden - at a cost !!! :lol: :lol:

"Usual" GP Rates eh Wendy?

Silverstone village residents can afford their "GP week's Holiday in the sun" for what they charge for 4 days use of their driveway for an RV! :shock: :cuckoo:

Mark

if you do make it to the Grand Prix, look out for me, Black Corrado VR6, M reg with a Force India F1 car pass on the window. I hope you enjoy the Grand Prix, I did last year as I was working for Force India F1, but as usually both car fell off the track. I have my fingers crossed for the coming year now we have Mclaren/Mercedes engine.

Will keep an eye out. There is going to be a few of us of here so if you see a few corrados together come and grab a beer, they'll be plenty :D

Silverstone village residents can afford their "GP week's Holiday in the sun" for what they charge for 4 days use of their driveway for an RV! :shock: :cuckoo:

Most of the campsites are only open 1 weekend a year, says it all really!

either way itll be better thn the pod experience we had. good times but man that was cold!! you bought your tickets Mark?? Ive seen that they are on sale now but after the monster w/e i had in London + bloddy crimbo I have no money - booo poor me. Will get on it tho man....

Mark thought you hd enough of camping from that weekend? Hope its not raining though for you and enjoy! :salute:

"Usual" GP Rates eh Wendy?

:

Well one does have standards :) - actually can't think why on earth I would have suggested that to Mark !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Infact, It would all end up getting very silly, i would end up going to the GP, (as it would hardly be twisting my arm), then i would be Racing Taxi/Chauffeur !! and finally I guess Party provider - no very silly idea ! :nono:

More serioulsy I could make a killing with the charge I could make on that !!!! :lol: :lol:

:grin: