Sign in to follow this  
Jimothy

Hello and a question.....

Id say that if you're in the least bit interested in performance, buy a G60 (or VR6 if you have a bit more to spend on running costs)

If you're looking for a awesome looking and handling, capable and enjoyable car to own but aren't interested in going particularly fast or are worried about MPG and running costs - go for an 8v.

The performance difference between 8v and 16v in real terms is negligible, but the running costs of the 16v are far higher than the 8v. Neither are 'quick' cars but they're great cars to own - i've found that G60s are cheaper to run than 16v's which is why I diss-count them.

Ultimately, you'd be best off driving each type and coming to your own conclusions, my observations come from owning and living with more than one of each flavour of rado and I personally MUCH prefer the 8v to the 16v.

If I were to buy my corrado again, I'd definately go for a 2.0 16v and do the KR head+cams mod...

I bought a 2.0 8v Corrado drove it around for about 6 months and then stuck an ABF 16v in it.

Have to say that the 16v is better in every department - Fuel economy, Power , responsiveness and definitely low-down torque.

Also have owned 8 & 16v mk2 Golfs and have to say the 16v version is one of the best cars VW ever made. Can't understand how it could possibly be slower than any non VR standard Corrado.