Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Will 16" BBS RX fit over Ibiza Cupra R Brembo's?

Hey all,

Looking for a set of winter wheels and been offered a set of 7x16" ET35 BBS RX. However, am currently running Ibiza Cupra R Brembo front brakes and I need to know if the wheels will fit over my brakes before I commit to a purchase. Ideally, I don't want to run spacers either. Has anyone got these wheels fitted wirth Brembos or can confirm whether they will fit either way ?

Cheers

Yup, they'll fit (just)!

I needed 20mm spacers at the front. I went for some H&R "hub extenders", and the quality of them is excellent. That gives about 3mm clearance between the inside of the spokes and the calliper face.

I also had to relocate the blance weights off the inside of the wheel face, as they didn't clear the outer edge of the caliper.

Well, there aren't may wheels that will clear the face of the brembo calipers without spacers. And the RX's do fit over the calipers like BigTartanJudge asked, whereas there are some 16" wheels that the inner radius is too small to clear them.

Dec did you buy a set of 4 spacers or just run a pair of fronts ? Just I thought that just using fronts would make them stickout further than the rears i.e reduce the offset to et15 ?