Sign in to follow this  
k511fhe

lowered by 40mm

hi

i purchased some sportline cup uprated struts and lowering springs for my vr6,fitted them and all seemed good :clap:

anyway a couple of days later i was experiencing a horrible grating noise from the rear,so i removed the rear wheels.to my horror there were grooves on both the rear tyres where the cup the spring sits on had been rubbing.i am only running standard 15inch speedlines.

should i have to space the wheels,or have i been sold the wrong kit?

cheers

dave

im no expert but i ordered some new coilovers today and i was told that i could possibly need spacers for the wheels to clear the coilovers. check your instructions. if the new springs are bigger than your standard ones then spacers are probably required

I run 5mm spaces with my coilovers. Make sure you get hubcentric ones or taking the wheel on and off is a complete nightmare!

well 5mm spacers fitted,sorted the rubbing,spring cups are to big,so put them up a notch.fitted new rear bushes.

much more planted now.

just the wheels to go now and a slight bit of body work(faded ) bitch of a colour to match (red) and iam sorted.

the look on the porsche drivers face priceless!!!!!!!!