Sign in to follow this  
rodenal

Little bit of a warning for anybody looking to buy this rado

As per the above

This corrado http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-16V-fsh-not-g60-vr6-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ280292959990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item280292959990&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 used to be mine, i got rid of it about 3 / 4 months ago and there were a few problems with it.

It seems to have since changed hands at least two maybe 3 times which is a shame as it needs a bit of money spent and some general tlc.

One particular point, which to be fair it might have been fixed is that the water flange on the front of the head had been bodged at some point and the screw bore buggered up - this means the flange that's on it leaks now and it needs helicoiled or repaired with the head off.

the springs and dampers are well past their best and are also rock hard, and there is an issue with the blowers.

Also the history has been faked by somebody who has had it since me - from memory it was up to about 120k, had been serviced at home since then. now its magically got full history.

I didn't pay alot of money for the car (£700 iirc) and just dont want anybody to get ripped off. It could be a good car again with some effort and a little bit of expense but i just dont think this guy is being honest about the car.

I hated seeing my first G60 up for sale on Ebay. All the stereo had been ripped out, the wheels were all curbed and in the picture it was languishing in some hedge. And the guy had only bought it off me about 4 months previously. :bad-words:

I remember when you put this up for sale on here. I was tempted but it was too far away. And I've seen it come up for sale (I think) on Ebay, Pistonheads and Ebay again. And each time it's coming further South. I think one seller was asking roughly £2000 for it. One ad had that the sunroof had been sealed by silicone sealant. It had 'leaked in the past but was alright now' to quote the ad.

The present seller states that it came in as a PX so maybe he doesn't know about the water leak? Looking at the ad I reckn he's not into C's. Anyway it's the second time he's placed an ad. Last week it was at the starting price of £800 and he had no bids. Now it's £950 Buy It Now or offers.

Was up for sale here at least twice in the last year or so.. I'm never quite sure why people buy these cars and then sell them a month later!

To be fair one of the times it was up on here was me, i only got rid because i didn't have the time to sort it out with winter coming in and it being the only car i was running i couldn't really take it off the road to sort it out properly. I had bought it knowing most of the stuff which had to be sorted with it and spent a bit of time doing some of the bits and pieces, its a shame nobody else can do the same.

With a bit of work it would be a good car again, i just annoyed when i see people trying to pass it off as something its not. Particularly the service history, it's done nearly 160k, who the hell cares if it's got a full history or not so why bother faking one??

Right enough the guy who's selling it now if he has indeed taken it as part exchange might not know everythign needing doing to it.

The sunroof thing is very odd, i seen that ad too but the sunroof had never ever leaked, it was just getting slow to close - i suspect it's been bodged, totally broken then sealed to hide it.