Sign in to follow this  
joinerboy

What do you think about these?

Im now in the market for some new 16" rims and iv seen some i like. as everyone has different opinions i was wondering what do you think?

they are MO Competition 6 Spoke.

MOcompetition6spoke.jpg

i have a black VR6 so i am debating whether to get black or white alloys?

also they come in different sizes: from 16x5.5, 16x6 etc up to 16x8. which would offer the best ride?

from looking through different threads i think they have good 4 pot clearance so that fits in with my plans for big brembo brakes :D

any feedback negative or positive is welcome

They'll look cracking on a VR, and it'll look hard as nails if they're black as well like the car! 16x5.5 would look ridiculously thin though.. you'd probably want around 16x7.5 I think for best looks / ride quality.

Love those wheels, been motorsport wheels they will give good clearance for motorsport [read big] brakes, personally not a fan of most black cars and wheel combo, needs the right wheel to pull it off, 16 x 8 too with standard offset should have it looking PHAT

I have black 5 spoke MO's (16") on my black G60. Look really good with red Porsche callipers behind them :D

i got a quote from performancealloys.com for the wheels. £1100 16X7 (black)including Toyo tyres

is that good or is it worth looking around a bit more? any recommended places to shop?

i got a quote from performancealloys.com for the wheels. £1100 16X7 (black)including Toyo tyres

is that good or is it worth looking around a bit more? any recommended places to shop?

Shop around, you'll get them cheaper than that

They seem a bit cheaper here > http://www.smartwheels.biz and you can always source your own tyres, Toyo's are cheap from Blackcircles and Camskill Performance, around £200 for 4 delivered :wave:

Worth checking with Compomotive themselves - I bought mine directly from them... And as Billcor says the Toyos can be had pretty cheap from places like Blackcircles.

thanks JMC i tried compomotive direct today(i never thought of doing that) £650 for the alloys only. so that is saving me 177 quid already.

Glad to be of assistance :D They will make them in custom offsets as well. I had mine made so they sat 5mm further out in the arches, so filling them better without needing spacers.