Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

amber LED's Resistance Help!

I made an error on ebay and bought the wrong items. They dont have a bayonet fitting.. :help: :help:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0120716032

7443_30led3.jpg

If anyone could work some magic on them so that they would fit I'd be very gratefull for any ideas on getting them to work. My rear indicators are flashing red and its only a matter of time before I get pulled? :gag:

it may come to me relisting them on the bay, any ideas what car they fit on?

:help: :help: Kempy

if you are handy with a soldering iron, just get a pair of standard bulbs, smash the glass out of them and solder the bases on to the LED lamps.

I will need to remove the current fitting somehow, first? what do you reckon

If you have all reds you'll really need Green LED's to make it flash orange...

Back on flea-bay they go! :lol:

Not at all I have these on my car and they are extremely bright orange through my red rear lights, but I got the ones which fitted straight away, so not sure how to help with that part, the only other thing you will have to do is fit a resistor to the bulb

There must be a way of sorting those, at the end of the day, it's just a pos and neg feed.... but personally I wouldn't bother. Too much hassle!

I haven't found anyone who hasn't been amazed at those bulbs with my red rear lights. Get em sorted!

If you have all reds you'll really need Green LED's to make it flash orange...

Back on flea-bay they go! :lol:

Not at all I have these on my car and they are extremely bright orange through my red rear lights, but I got the ones which fitted straight away, so not sure how to help with that part, the only other thing you will have to do is fit a resistor to the bulb

do they not run off a 12v?

do they not run off a 12v?

the problem is that led's don't draw enough current to make the flasher unit flash at the correct rate , like when one bulb blows the others flash too quickly rate for mot's is 60 -120 flashes per minute i think , the resistor to increase the power draw

Rob

ok guys I've managed to rig up my bulbs to a bayonet fitting. But as predicted they flash to quickly. What resistor do I need? any ideas, electrically minded people?

Also they are brilliant highly recommended. :clap:

got these sorted aswell now with resistors fitted. was a bit of an effort to fit boyonets :grin: to my leds but all is good now :clap:

Kempy - wish I'd read this thread before buying my LED's!! I've gone and bought the ones with the same fitment as yours I think! Bugger! :mad2: How did you switch them over to a bayonet fitment?

If you got the same as me. I had to smash a bayonet bulb,

seperate the two wires from the element.

pick up your led and pull away the 4 wires till they point up

then you need to grab you bulb and twist around the wires till they are pretty tidy so you got 2 wires onto the 1 on the bulb

to make double sure solder them

then I used to electical tape to tidy it up and make it more sturdy

Have you bought resistors?

Had a look at those (after I had mine!). Hopefully they'll be OK. Have you tinted your rear lights too? I know it sounds like a daft question but do you tint the outside or inside of the lens? Outside is easier but I'm think inside may be a nicer result?!

spray the outside..use loads masking tape. there is a guide on here somewhere. try the knowledge base if it still works

im still looking for the guide can anyone help with tinting the rear lights....

this thread has been usful!

It was in the wiki. you need either savage lens paint off ebay, or lens film. what info are you after?

i just wanted to know

1) where to get the spray

and

2) what do you do exactly ??

im only asking as i cant quite see how the paint will stick to the plastic lens... ok scotch pad it up lightly as to not leave scratches but how do you laquer the rest of the light ....i dont want to laquer the red part of the light that are already red do i??

plus doesnt the laquer make the red bit you have just tinted shiney?? and wouldnt that look crap??