Sign in to follow this  
steve

over fuelling 16v

over fuelling,my bruv in law , has spent a fortune on his corrado 16v,thing wont start unless it catches first time,he has been told its overfuelling,he has had injectors "cleaned",new ecu etc etc,still has problems,anyone with any ideas

Thanks

bruv in law

metering head? the CO screw is there (where you control the fuel supply) or poss warm up regulator...

Was going to suggest the same things.. might be worth trying to source a spare metering head.

Out of interest has he tried unplugging the cold start injector before starting the car? I think mine is leaking as I find the car a pig to start with it connected regardless of the weather outside. It always starts on the button first time with it disconnected!

If it's a 2l 16v you shouldn't go playing around with the mixture screw unless you really know what you're doing.

Are there vaccum leaks? Are all the temp sensors connected? How about the warm up regulator? Try as Jim suggests unplugging the cold start injector.