Sign in to follow this  
Dazz

Arch Rolling Leeds Area

Hi I've just put some ats et28 15/7 with 195/50 tyres on the back of my MK1 but I'm having loads of problems as there catching on the arches. Does anybody know where I can get my arches rolled, if it will solve the problem and aprox how much it will cost? thanks Daz

Surly Halford would be the most expensive.

Moto-craft in pudsey have an arch rolling tool. The also do all the paint for JCT600 Ferrari/Porsche.

cheers

I've tried halfords and they no longer do arch rolling, I've tried Moto-craft in pudsey and they say it could cost up 2 500pound is that right!

I've tried halfords and they no longer do arch rolling, I've tried Moto-craft in pudsey and they say it could cost up 2 500pound is that right!

Sounds about right. Most place charge £75+Vat per arch before any paint.

cheers

Dazz - Try Autotech, Ings Road, Wakefield - 01924 291233, ask for Sid or Vitu. Both have many years car body modification experience - I've known them for 10 years. They'll sort out your arches but may need to see the car to give you an accurate price.

nice one thanks for all getting back so soon, Lee you mentioned paint I'm unfairmilular with what is actually involved in the process of rolling the arch do they need to spray somewhere after or is that just to protect the arch from rust, thanks daz

Ideally none of the arches will need any paint at all. However - on some occasions the paint may crack during the arch rolling process & require re-painting.

Some body repairers will fold back the entire arch lip, the paint is then required to "stretch" slightly (increased risk of cracking). Other body repairers (including Autotech) will grind the excess wheelarch "lip" away almost completely. This method takes longer to do but has much less chance of requiring paint.

ithink if you put agrinder on the jobsurely it would have much more chance of requiring piant :?

They always go rusty when you take and angle grinder to them. Usually the paint bubbles about a 1cm from the lip (caused by the heat?). Personally i'd roll them every time rather than have to pay someone to deal with the rust later + grinding the lip off completely will weaken the panel too.

cheers