Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

Lupo wipers not touching screen

I bought some Lupo wipers from VAG parts and the passenger one doesn't touch the screen in the centre of the blade. The driver's side one is fine though. Any ideas?

grab the new arm for the passenger side and bend it slightly towards the screen in the obvious place - this will put more load on the wiper and force it down onto the screen more effectively :)

had a very small amount of bending to do on mine. other than that they should work fine - no juddering/smears etc and you can actually see when you go over 60mph in the rain now! :D

How will bending the arms alter the force being appplied by the spring which forces the wiper onto the screen though? Do you mean bend the wiper arm or bend the actual blades slightly?

i mean bend the actual wiper arm that is screwed onto the motor - it will put more load on the spring which holds the wipers onto the screen, which in turn will push the wipers harder onto the screen and stop the wipers from missing a patch in the middle.

sounds daft, but trust me it works :)

there is an abvious place to bend it where there is a slight bend already (nowhere near my car at the mo, but i think it's abouts 6-8 inches up the arms from the wiper end...)

mine only needed a very small tweek and now they work perfectly