Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Think I broke my Corrado's washer jets!

I wasn't too sure where to post this, so I thought here? Sorry Mods if I got it wrong.

Anyway, so I wanted to change the screen wash as I had some very diluted AutoGylm stuff I've had in there for ages and I'd a big road trip back to the UK so I figured on the winter roads I'd be using it a lot.

How to empty the screen wash? Well, just hold back on the stalk until it emptied all over the windscreen, then re-fill it? So thats what I did...and I didn't have to use the screen wash on the road trip back to the UK, or even whilst I was in the UK.

However, I tried using it yesterday and nothing happens :gag: not even the whirring noise for the motor! So I figure I've knackered the pump in some way, or something?! Anyone know what I should do? I loathe to take it to Volkswagen for something so trivial, or could it be the fuse? But then again, which fuse is it? :help:

I think exterior would be the best bet as, they're on the outside.

Anyway. Not sure about the fuse, I'd check all of them for peace of mind. Check the voltage to the motor with a multimeter and the connections at the motor. I've got a spare one knocking around somewhere I believe. They're easy to install. :)

In future, if you want to let the water out, you could pull the pump out of the bottom of the tank and let it drain.

In future, if you want to let the water out, you could pull the pump out of the bottom of the tank and let it drain.

:oops: Err...thanks, I'll have to remember that next time. Guess I'll take it to Volkswagen and blame it on the wife.

Just buy a cheap pump from halfarts like Steve says, there's nothing really to fitting them!