A Valeo item not the poopty crap on ebay

DSC00018.jpg

Heres the other items that were in the box

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020-1.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

What the hell is the square foamy bit used for in the third pic and what is the little white thing in the last pics? it has a big hole one end and a very small hole at the other end.

Another thing is what can i use to clean the oily crap off it? I bought a cheap matrix from gsf last time and the oily stuff on it stinks once the car warms up, tried to clean it off but that didnt work

the foam part goes around the matrix and the other bit is to insulate it in the heater box!!! you will see the old ones when you take the old one out you will see where they go

sorry but i cant help you on the plastic pipe but i never got one when i did mine i recon you should file it under B (BIN)

hope it helps! :wave:

thanks for the quick reply, i remember seeing the strip going around the old matrix.however i still cant picture where the square bit goes as i never had that with the last one :scratch:

Guest Richie-poos

the white bit is a 'wee bit' it corresponds to the noise u should make as you chuck it over your shoulder........ :lol:

the white bit is a 'wee bit' it corresponds to the noise u should make as you chuck it over your shoulder........ :lol:

and i second that lol :lol:

hmm interesting why only the vr6?come to think of it i read somewhere that matrices on vr6's blew more often than on other models.I plan to fit it over the weekend, was thinking of doing away with the bypass valves ( wait dont moan at me yet lol) as ive heard that newer matrices are manufactured better. So do i just put this restrictor into the supply pipe to the matrix and then do away with the bypass valves? :shrug:

Anyone?

got the matrix done in the freezing cold, got in the car turned it on and let her warm up. i still have cold air - pissed off is an understatement. I left the bypass valves in so i take it they are bolloxed?

yea i think im going to do the same, kinda pissed cos i have just put new silicone hoses on which had to be cut to accomodate these stupid valves.Out they comne tommorow. Dont know if its worth me putting that white restrictor in though

Just done same job, square bit of foam goes arount the top of the matrix where it slides into the heater box thingy, do away withthat too as it wont slide in properly as the foam sticks to the fins and just jams the whole lot up and forkd me off massively.

Theres a thread bout this in engine bay called "heating problem" or sumthing. Iv spent ages trying to sort it, got hot water going into matrix, hot water coming out of matrix, but no heat coming thru vents??? The bypass valves make it an absolute :censored: to run up, had mine runnung for 2 hours, pipe going into the matrix was red hot, coming out was cold so i slid pipe off bit so water pissed out, after 5 mins of cold water coming out, it suddenly went hot. Put pipe back on and did up jubilee. Still no heat in car.

End of tether comes to mind.

Guest Richie-poos

sounds like a story for Jeremy Kyle! the job is a mare, i wouldnt wanna do it again.. its always in the winter that these things go tits!!

ive never had an issue bleeding these up, your thermostat ok? and have you got the diffrent rad cap on, the black ones are suposed to be changed for the blue ones, or the other way around,

defo check the thermostat though first.

Im gunna give the diff expansion cap a go and remove valves, run it up and see if the car gets hot, if it does, itl mean the valves are only working intermitently, or sumthing. Grief

welll i still havent taken the valves out of mine yet, was going to do it at the weekend. On my trip from croydon to kingston for work my heating started to work - it was only luke warm though, then it went kind of hot ( i say kind of hot as my van gets way hotter!) then it went back to luke warm again so im baffled

Is it ony people with g60's that are having serious grief with getting their heating working, or just me? :cuckoo:

:salute:

tell me about it! The engine itself runs nice n hot, would be nice to have some of that heat in my cabin ffs! Im seriously considering going 20vt this summer as i cant be dealing with old technology anymore :norty:

... was thinking of doing away with the bypass valves ( wait dont moan at me yet lol) as ive heard that newer matrices are manufactured better.

A Valeo matrix made in 2007 should be a mk3 part, which don't need the recall matrix bypass valves as they are stronger, so bin the valves.

thats good, i was wondering why it had audi tt and a3 stamped on it. mine has the date 30/06/08 stamped on the box so thats all good

waynos you say yours startd to kick some heat out when on a drive, sounds to me like youve got a massive airlock in the system,

try running it up, with the rad cap of untill a steady stream of water flow comes through into the expansin tank on the return hose, if possible wait for the rad fan to kick in but i doubt it at the temps we have outside at the min, leae it for about 5mins every so often keep pumping the radiater hoses if you can reach them and keep the water topd up if it drops, then put the cap on and see if thats any better,

defoinetly got air in it somewhere, did you check thermostats?