Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Help with a car, non-corrado

seeing as the corrado is costing so much and i don't like it in this weather, too cold, too dark, icy. I've decided to get a cheapy runaround.

someone i know has a fiat bravo 1.4, and at the moment it only goes into reverse, she reckons its the clutch, but i'm not so sure. As it works in reverse.

anyone got any experience with fiats? or know if this is a common thing.

Am going to find a fiat bravo forum if such a thing exists :lol:

Its a FIAT mate so they always need fixing :lol: I have just moved overed from a Punto after having Fiats (and the wife) for a few years..Sounds like just the gear linkage??If the engine is like my Punto (and the wife's Cinq) check that both cables are still in situ by the gearbox housing.If one has come off the ball joint thing then this may be the cause :)

many moons ago i had a strada abarth and the same thing happened and it was the linkage come off(age related), again on a HFturbo i lost gears and it was the linkage and b4 these cars i had a alfa 1.7 sprint veloce and yes it happened on that as well,the prior answer to mine reminded me of this but as it was a long time ago i would of thought fiat would've addressed this prob...this was the reason i went to the Karmann shed....

cheers for the help.

i went to look at it earlier today and it seem its the clutch slave cylinder is leaking. It won't go into any gear now.

very tempted to get it, as its taxed till May, has an mot, not sure when till tho, 4x good tyres, new battery, a few dents tho, but no rot/rust

i know people say that about them, buts there's loads on the road and it can't all be bad.

for a couple of hundred pounds i might take the risk, even if it only gets me through winter it'll be worth that

alright alright fiat haters lol i used to have a bravo and it was one of the most reliable cars i had in all honesty! i had the 1.8 hlx and it was mint fun, spent a fortune on it and then sold it at a massive loss, it was on 120k when i sold it and it never missed a beat! regarding the gearing thing i dunno what it can be. maybe the clutch but surely, if it would go into reverse and work fine it would go into 1st etc and work? maybe gear linkage thats bust or something

regarding bravo forums try

www.fiatboo.co.uk fiat bravo owners organisation

or

www.fiatforum.com

btw you wanna buy any 40mm lowering springs for it. i have some!