Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

help my brakes are bleeding

I'm looking for some help with my rear brakes. They are standard. The replaced the pads and caliper today no problems but noticed a something seeping out from the fluid hose. Its still coming out now. Should the hose be able to come away from where I indicated in the pic or is it a solid piece that screws into it? cheers for any tips

brakehelp.jpg

urget help please

So your flexi-hose has separated from the solid brake line?!?! :shock: :scratch: (it definitely shouldn't!)

You're probably best off replacing the two rear flexi lines and the solid brake pipe that's attached to the leg of the rear beam, if it is leaking though. The two flexi lines are quite cheap, and it will only cost a few quid in your local motor factors to get the short section of pipe made up.

cheers for rapid reply..its coming from inside where the flexi line should be

ahhh....that looks like the fitting has come off the end of the solid brake pipe. You should be able to unscrew the hex head copper fitting you have pictured there from the flexi line.

Then remove the solid pipe section from the 2nd flexi line (at the rear beam pivot point), and take it down to your local motor factors to get another one made up with new fittings. :wink:

that cooper head is not budging. I thought that its should unscrew from looking at the EKTA parts-site. I'll have to keep trying with it

they are a bugger to undo if they are original ones.

sometimes it best to replace the bits and just cut off the old stuff.

you may need to remake the hard line if it doesn't have the flare on the end

thanks for your help guys, I sorted it now with a new hose and flexi copper pipe. Excellent now, with the new calipers pistons etc..