Sign in to follow this  
RichG60

Stealth Amp Location??

I'm going to be installing my amps in the rado this weekend but wondered if there were any places i could mount my amps out of site?

I have considered a false floor but don't want the hassle of sourcing and cutting the wood to size. I don't want to install them underneath the seats, I might be pursuaded to install them in the boot though using the sides, where the original speakers are.

Another place I have thought about is behind the rear quarter panels? Is there much space there?

Thanks

Rich

I think the gubbins controlling the windows are behind the drivers side quarter panel? dunno about the pass side quarter panel though?

Don't know if there's enought space to fit much of an amp in that area anyway?

Audioscape do an amprack for the rear of the rear seats, you seen those?

Doesn't hide it totally, but it'll need venting anyway...

False floor would be the easiest, any builders merchant will have the wood/MDF whatever you wanna use, measure the boot floor and they will cut it roughly the same size needed, then jig saw it out and cover in carpet, you could even use B&Q.

Bit of a tricky job this mate, as their isn't that many places to 'hide' it after wanting to do something similar.

Unless you've got a slimline amp then no way it will fit under the front seats and not enough room under the rear seats. As per other post, driver rear panel has electrics behind it and no room on the passenger side. AND any serious amp needs some kind of ventilation for safety.

The only real place to put it is in the boot either under a false floor or their is a post on here somewhere about building an enclosure and fitting it between the wheelarch and back of the boot, under the old speaker trim.

Big headache with a false floor is getting the fitment right for all the undulations to the boot bottom.

But if you've got the patience and a jigsaw either could be done. :salute:

Thanks for the advice chaps,

I think I will fabricate an amp rack on the passenger side of the boot, I have a Series 3 Genesis Dual Mono , Series 3 Genesis 4 channel and Pioneer DEQ equaliser to hide there. Hopefully there will be enough room!! Will get some pics up on Sat.