Sign in to follow this  
neileo

I need guidence

hi i am seriously looking into buying my first corrado as i have been after one for a while. What do i need to look out for and what is the best to buy. Im idealy after a g60 or a vr6 but is there much difference in the 1.8 16v and the 2.0 16v? and what sort of power do they all produce?. I know these questions may of already been answred before but i can find all the info im after in the search box

I have a mazda mx5 at the moment which i am hoping to find someone to either buy or p/x there corrado for as i miss having a vw :(

Welcome aboard! If I had a quid for every time someone came here and asked for advice on what to look for when buying a Corrado, and which one they should get out of a VR6/G60/16V, I'd be just about able to afford to run my Corrado ;)

Seriously though - we have such a guide available here: Clicky Clicky...

Regarding the 1.8 16v and 2.0 16v.. I've only owned 2.0 16v's but have driven 1.8 16vs.. they both produce the same BHP but the 2.0 16v feels more grunty and torquey. It's also a little easier to get power out of it. I'd have a 2.0 16v every time simply because they're newer. BUT. I'd only buy one that has been well looked after - so if it's a toss up between a sheddy 2.0 and a tidy 1.8, get the 1.8! :)

Hello mate. Glad to see you are looking to get a corrado. As Jim said take a look at the guide. Personally I would go for the G60 but then again I am biased as I own one. Like Jim I have driven the 1.8 16V and 2.0 16V aswell as a VR6 and I havent found any of them dissapointing. I havent driven the 2.0 8V but from what I hear this is somewhat dissapointing.

One piece of advice is to make sure whatever Corrado you do end up buying make sure it is tidy as if you end up buying one of the many unfortunately neglected examples about you may regret it as they can potentially cost a lot to put right. Thats my main advice to you mate. :)

Hiya and welcome to the forum.

As said above check the guide on here, its very very helpful.

I have only ever driven VR6's and that is what I own so cant really comment on other engines but whatever Corrado you get you will love it and will never ever want to sell it.

nah the 2.0 8v isnt disappointing. Ok its not as powerful as the others especially the VR and G60. But its not slow. I loved my old 8v and i used to get pretty good MPG out of it.

cheers for the help so far and thanks for the welcomes

im in talks with somebody at the moment in doing a p/x on a g60 with my car so fingers crossed :clap:

after driving a customers VR6 the other day im really wanting a corrado

I've had 2 G60s and I love them to bits. My current one is the best car I've ever had. :D Bags of character and gets a LOT of attention. I was giving it a clean on my driveway on Sunday and as I was waxing it a bunch of people walked passed and one of the blokes said "oh look, a Corrado"! It's the little things like that that make me realise why I love tham so much. It's just a great car and a piece of VW history.