Sign in to follow this  
corradog60stage4

How do you install headlight levelling motors?

Just like to know how do you install headlight levelling motors in your corrados?

What parts are needed? I know you need two headlight motors and the switch. But what about the wiring? relay? what number on the fuse box etc...?

I want to be as OEM as possible.

Wiring is easy, join VAGCAT (google it) to get all the part numbers you need-

....which is just the motors themselves and the adjustment switch in the car.

you then need to run two wires from the switch (which goes next to the light switch) to each motor.

The motors have three pins- 12V feed, earth, and the variable feed from the switch (the wire you have put in)

The switch has five pins. 12V, Earth, illumination feed, and two outputs to the motors.

If you use the search you will find more info on it. The bits are easily available, the switch is £35ish but the motors are a lot more. i nicked mine from my Seat Arosa, which just happened to have the same part no, I think other Seats do too.

Fitting the motors in the light is easy, take the light out of the car, twist the manual adjuster off from the back, stick a screwdriver down the hole and push the retaining clip in, and the adjuster comes out. Fit the the electric one in.

Dead easy to do, I got got my motors from ebay, switch from vagparts and made the loom myself. Have a look on VW Vortex there's a write up on how to do it I think.

Dead easy to do, I got got my motors from ebay, switch from vagparts and made the loom myself. Have a look on VW Vortex there's a write up on how to do it I think.

do you have a part number or is it the same from passats?