Sign in to follow this  
Snowflake

New Corrado rumour?!?!

You guys need to learn how to use the quote feature!

Anyway - yeah - no way there will be another Corrado. The Scirocco is out already, and I don't think it's exactly flying out of the showrooms. The motor industry is on it's backside and in my opinion, if anything, they'll be axing models or giving them weedier engines.

Besides - the Corrado left a sour taste in VW's mouth - it was well over budget, didn't sell as well as they expected, and had lots of quality issues. They won't be in a hurry to use that name again. Though I'd like to be proven wrong obviously!

Although the Corrado wasn't a commercial success the Corrado name is well known, well respected and fondly remembered so I wouldn't be surprised if VW revived it again in years to come. But you're right Jim; with the Scirroco on release, the Audi R8 occupying the super-coupe slot and the industry on it's backside I don't think the Corrado MkII will be seen for many many years yet.

VW talked at one point about dropping some combination of R32/R36 engine into the Scirocco shell but I think even that's been utterly shelved for the foreseeable future.

Still - it's nice to dream a little once in a while. That image on the previous page evoked some pleasent thoughts...

:lol: if ya think about the rocco been released now its ideals for it lol, sure vw wont make as many sales but itll have the poor sales similar to the corrado due to its cost at the time, so in the future there will be less thus making them more classic :lol:

VW talked at one point about dropping some combination of R32/R36 engine into the Scirocco shell but I think even that's been utterly shelved for the foreseeable future.

R32 rocco i had heard of....... but an R36 rocco :luvlove: , i knew a 'next project' would come along sometime!! Damn you for saying that :lol:

that looks nice! wasnt the new scirrocco meant to be a mixture of both neway! and that was meant to be a i-roc but they decided to make that a rocco! it will be forever for them to decide the finished project it was with the rocco.although it is nice

would be cool if they did a new one aslong as it has the spolier feature! other wise it wudnt be a corrado! and the slanted back window