Sign in to follow this  
baz_mk_2

G60 problem, can anyone help??

Hi guys

My G60 has a problem which occurs about 10-20mins after its started, it runs absolutely fine when cold for the first 10mins but after that it starts coughing and running very very rich, it did this whilst they were putting a new MOT on and failed due to the running problem.

I have tried Air Mass Meter and Various senders, if anyone has had a similar problem or may know what it could be. I would be really gratefull for any advice as I'm not sure what to try and change next

Thanks

Matt

Id lean towards the lambda sensor or associated wiring. Possibly also worth checking the injector wiring and any earth leads (remove and clean up with emory paper)

Neil.

As above, when warm the lambda and co pot become the most important sensors...

You can test this theory by waiting until the problem occurs and plugging a different (cold) blue temp sensor in and see if it recovers, then put the sensor onto the warm cylinder head and wait for the problem to come back again...

As Riley says either a dead probe or dodgy wiring to it - usually due to badly worn engine mounts.

HI guys

Thanks so much for posting, I have changed the blue sender a while back, i'm going to check the connections asap and then attempt to change the lambda if I can find one for a reasonable price

Thanks, I will let you know how I get on!

Matt