Sign in to follow this  
KipVR

Double Din units- Install pic request

Let's have a look at everyones double DIN unit installs. I've been looking at getting Satnav and a newer stereo, and thought maybe I'd combine the two as I can't stand things stuck on top of the dash with all the wires hanging out etc etc.

I'm not really a fan of the single din pop out screens and so fitting a double din unit might be the way forward.

Pics please!

That looks nice and OE, how have you held the heater controls in place? Does the fit look good in the flesh?

the heater controls are held in place withe the top two mounts that are there to mount where ash tray was they are still held v secure

its lo0ks like it came out the factory like that the only thing i would say is the heater controls are slightly more recesed on the right side compared to the left but i only no this cus i did the job you cannot tell when sitting in the car

also there s alot of chopping of the centre console and metal tray behind

im v happy with mine and looks so much better than a halfords job but no more tom tom

the heater controls are held in place withe the top two mounts that are there to mount where ash tray was they are still held v secure

its lo0ks like it came out the factory like that the only thing i would say is the heater controls are slightly more recesed on the right side compared to the left but i only no this cus i did the job you cannot tell when sitting in the car

also there s alot of chopping of the centre console and metal tray behind

im v happy with mine and looks so much better than a halfords job but no more tom tom

Looks very OE mate, fair play.

What did the Head Unit come out of?

cheers came out of my old r32 which im so glad to be rid of much prefer drivin the c about

Does that head unit come with any possibility of having ipod/iphone connectivity?

It looks very smart by the way mate! How long did it take you?