Sign in to follow this  
danprosser

Performance Car magazine buying guide

i have never had a g60... but my cousin has a mk2 rallye and i love it!!!!!!

i think i would love the g60 in a rado....

I picked up this magazine yesterday without actually realising that the VR6 guide was in it! So I read it meticulously in the bath :lol:

There was some really good techie info in it and I reckon it's a very thorough summary. I couldn't help feeling that people might get scared off buying one though as chains, tensionsers, top end rebuild, etc are all so expensive compared to the cost of buying a tidy one (quoted at £2500). Still, that's probably the same for all older cars.

Shame they didn't cover the G60 though, I still love them and how quirky they are - even a little inset on one page would have been good and maybe a plug for G-Werks.

If it was a forum car used in the photoshoot I apologise and don't take this the wrong way; but they could have found one with a better body. The paint looked tired and the front was covered in stone chips. I know most Corrados which are still around probably look like this and I fully buy into the 'drive it and enjoy it' camp, but I would have thought they'd look for a real minter for a magazine photo shoot given the calibre of the other cars in the mag. Maybe there aren't many mint boggo standard ones about.

Good to see it still receiving critical acclaim though 14 years after the last one rolled out the factory :clap:

Excellent. I'll let Vince know when I drop my Corrado off there tonight :)

I bought it on Saturday and thought the same. It was a good write up but didnt half make the car sound very expensive to maintain.

And yes the paint on the one photographed was poor, a little time spent finding a better example would have paid off.

Picked up a copy of Performance Car the other day after seeing the buyers guide mentioned on the cover, shame they didn't pick a better example as the paintwork on the one they used was a bit shabby looking :( Even a basic polish would have helped, and I'm not exactly a detailer...

Bit surprised about the comment about the slow steering, can't say I remember that from my old VR6 :?