Sign in to follow this  
VRev6

Is your Road Angel covered???

Hello people,

I was wondering if the ones of you out there with Road Angels (or any other speed camera gizmo) are covered against theft out your car?

I dont mean leaving it on your dash (thats asking for it) but if its in your glovebox, cos its not always poss to take it with you!

i just rang Elephant and was told no its not covered :twisted:

Is it just that elephant that don't or is it all insurance companies???

No I've just been told it isnt cos its a modification!! :mad:

i dont know how much contents cover i have, if any!! i'm gonna check tonight.

I dunno bout you but i cant afford to lose £340 quids worth of kit to theiving scum!!!! :?

No, i have £500 worth of stereo cover but i thought as im fully comp there would be cover for other things as well seeing as these days people have screens and all manner of electronic equipment in there cars. :?

i dunno what to but, one things for sure it wont be left in my car till i've sorted it!!! :x and i wont be renewing my policy with them next year!! :evil:

things like coats left in your car including cds laptops etc are covered by your home contents insurance might be worth asking your insurance provider, iknow its a car piece of equipment but you never know

how the hell is road angel a modification!!!!!!!!!

so your tell me traffic master is aswell?? they both cover traffic and accident hotspots.

i know it detects cameras but i cant see how this is a modification, you coud even agrue "i use it to detect cameras as they are always carefully placed in accident hotspots so i know where to be carefull"

home contents insurance might be worth asking your insurance provider, iknow its a car piece of equipment but you never know

Not a bad idea that :) , i'll ring em now. :D

Good news i'm covered for £500 theft from an unattended vehicle with my home contents insurance :D :D

Aren't car insurance companies just great :x :mad: :evil: :evil:

Nice one Kuksool :D

glad to have helped mate....

unfortunately ive found this out the hard way!!!! as my car has been broken into 2wice

also your excess on your house insurance is probably smaller than your car i think my excess is about £50 verses 250 on the car!!!!!

Scott

I hate insurance companies....especially Herts. A few years ago I renewed a policy with them and thought nothing of it. The year passed and when I renewed again I happened to read the policy document. They had removed the 'third party cover for any insured car not owned by the policy holder' part without mentioning it.

When I rang them up I discovered that I didn't have that cover for the previous year either, meaning I had been driving uninsured and unaware on many occasions! Needless to say I always read policies now.

I accept that I SHOULD have read the policy before, but as far as I was concerned it was simply a renewal. I feel they should have notified me of such a significant change.