Sign in to follow this  
Valerian

I am the latest victim

I bet you thought this thread would be about the credit crunch . Well, it could be if i wanted to whinge about the fact that late last year my employers took our quarterly bonus away and layed off 10 workers in my area. I could also whinge about the fact that since two weeks last Monday i have been under consultation regarding possible redundancy.

But...nope i'm not going to whinge about all that :ignore:.

Anyhew...some of you have probably read my other posts about the problem i had getting no heat from the heater after the coolant system decided to throw a wobbler a couple of weeks back.

Well, this morning the heater matrix decided to empty all it's contents into the passenger foot well....thanks a bleedin bunch VW :bad-words:

:lol: guess what i'll be spending the weekend doing.

Worst of it is that i'm now going to have to drive around in my sister-in-laws Skoda Felicia untill i get the matrix sorted :pale: .

Still....better than walking or crashing due to misted up windows i guess.......ir is it ? :eek:

nit of a bummer. not gona lie its a fairly tedious job to do but not impossible...

Do you mean ....changing the matrix or driving a Skoda Felicia? :lol:

nit of a bummer. not gona lie its a fairly tedious job to do but not impossible...

Do you mean ....changing the matrix or driving a Skoda Felicia? :lol:

come on skoda's arent all that bad :shrug: lol

Didn't realise the recall only applied to VR6's of a certain year.

My C is a 1991 KR model so i guess it doesn't apply.

I thought it would apply to all Corrados seeing as they fitted bypass valves to all models.

no, that's a VW USA recall note, all UK 4 cylinder cars should have had the recall unless they were very late builds and had the strengthened matrix from the factory, my 1990 1.8 16v recall wasn't done until 1996 though.

cant you just join the hoses under the bonnet and still use it with no heating?

If it was summer then i would, but it's winter and with no heater it's rather difficult to keep the screen defrosted me duck.

Windows are also steaming up with the heater on so i assume the matrix has gone big time.