Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Totally disable OE alarm..?

Is it possible to completely disable the OEM Scorpion / VW alarm system using the key for the back of the siren? My car is still stuck in my garage and I can't look at it for a few days. I'm afraid of the battery going flat and the alarm having a hissy fit to boot... is it possible to completely disable it somehow using the key hole on the back of the siren? I do have the master key for it I think!?

Cheers.

sorry to hijack this one but also on teh alarm, is it possible to remove the 30 second immobilisation. This is find a real pain. I have the original Scoprion alarm.

No - apparently it's a "feature" - I'm going to be getting my alarm ripped out and a new one fitted ASAP as I've had enough of it!

Any ideas what you might have fitted Jim? just curious. got clifford on 3 of ours and they seem very reliable. :?

A while back mine threw a wobler and the indicators stayed on permanently. To get around it and get home I pulled the rubber boot up of the alarm box and pulled out one of the two connectors (the largest I think) It appears one does the alarm and the other the cetral locking. I only needed the central locking because I had a toad alarm fitted. As for the indicators the relay that makes them flash is knakered so I removed it and reconnected the alarm so they dont flas when it arms.

Any ideas what you might have fitted Jim? just curious. got clifford on 3 of ours and they seem very reliable. :?

The factory OEM Scorpion alarm - has the keyfob with two buttons and the slider switch on the side..