Sign in to follow this  
andy

Passat V6 Syncro

Anyone got anything to say about these, they seem to be cheap as chips? It appeals to me as a car with a proper V6, 4 wheel drive, loads of gadgets and some proper comfort for peanuts. How does syncro compare to 4motion?

Well they really are getting silly cheap now, saw a nice condition one go for 900 a few weeks back!

log onto http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/ and there'll be all the info you need on there... plus an idea of just how you can play with it!

The basics are that it has a 2.8 audi v6 engine about 170ish bhp can come with leather and alcantara trip satnav cruisecontrol etc, the worlds your oyster atm as theres so many people hit by the credit crunch and with delaers now offering buy one get one free on new cars the value of older thirsty cars is sod all :(

Had one for a year before I got the W8.

30mpg, lazy beasts. Great on the motorway, though a little bit on the slow side if you need a quick overtake. (W8 fixes that lol).

But all in all, an excellent car. The Syncro is brilliant - so grippy. You can do roundabouts at 60mph with a big grin...

Mine's here: viewtopic.php?p=534340#p534340

Looks mean with InPro Angel Eyes and a debadged grill. Only mod I did, other than reversing jobbies on the rear numberplate (the boot sticks out a lot so helps!)

Definitely a bargain if you want a very comfy car.

Had one for two years now, just coming up to 150k on the clock.

Lovely big comf barge, intend running it until it dies but no sign of that happening yet.

Deceptively quick and handles well now that it is running Bilstein suspension. Lovely smooth and refined Audi V6, no character in the engine at all but it pumps its out 190bhp totally effortlessly

Cost virtually nothing to run so far, still on the same brake pads despite putting 60k on the clock since buying