Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

RUNNING PROBLEMS! GRR

Hi Guys

just signed up 2 the forum how are use getting on? Anyway driveing my Rado VR6 today while i was approaching a junction dropped in to 2nd gear the reves dropped below 400rpm but it did not stall, pulling away from the junction i noticed a loss in power and it was running like a bag of sh#t took it 2 my local speciallist plugged it in2 the computer came up with no faults, took it home cleaned the coil pack up cleaned the camshaft sensor,air flow meter still running rough. Could this be a problem with the plugs? going 2 get a look at them at the weekend, i changed the oil few weeks ago could this contribute to the problem as i used a thick oil stupidly!! As a 19year old apprentice iam hopeing it has nothing 2 do with the dreaded timming chains as there is no why i could afford labour charges. Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Paul

I would check to see if theres any vacuum leaks, and if the oil trap attached to the idle stabilisation valve is cracked/leaking air. Hope this helps