Sign in to follow this  
retro mick69

paint protection

my nugget yellow G60 looked almost mint except for minor scuff on bumper. My local paint shop repaired the scuff but the new paint was darker. The paintwork has faded & to match up same color its having a full respray. Is there any good waxes etc that wil help protect. I understand this color fades due to the pigment. l

Agreed on the Collinite. Often overlooked as it's not as expensive as other waxes, or in as flashy packaging, but the stuff is properly durable.

If oyu do use it, make sure to follow the instructions to the letter, as it can be a PITA to remove if you don't.

Why spend a fortune getting the other panels resprayed when they are just faded? :scratch: All you would need to do is give it a damn good polish (machine polish would be better) and they would match again.

But anyway as said if you want durability then Collinite is spot on, the 476s would be better suited for your colour as the 915 is better suited for dark colours. There are better waxes out there for finish though. Also you can get very good protection from sealants which chemically bond to the paint and can actually offer better protection from UV rays etc (which is what's fading your paint!) but it depends on your taste for the finish you want, sealants tend to give a more sharp finish where as a natural wax gives a deep warm finish.