Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

WRC 2009

Anyone else going to be following it this year?

Just watching highlights of Round 1 in Ireland.

Not watched it for a couple of years, now there's only one driver i've heard of! (Loeb)

Still stunning viewing though...

I watched it too but its a shame that its gonna be between just Ford or Citroen :confused4:

I watched it on Dave and throught it was cr*p :( I hope F-1 does not go the same way with just a couple of teams taking part :mad2:

Love the WRC!

Went to Wales to watch it in December and it was brilliant :clap:

Loeb made the best start possible once again, he's a machine......

True comment about the 'Dave' coverage though, much better on eurosport if you get it

Yeah it was another great year for the Irish round of the WRC. The two main things that let it down were the absence of a subaru works team and the new rules regarding tyre choice,,,most of teh guys had either the option of slicks or "extreme weather" tyres (snow tyres without the studs),,most went for teh snow tyres

Great weekend though,,any of the other irish lads make it to the rally??

Really like watching the WRC but now that Gronhiems' retired there isn't anyone that can touch Leob and he seems to have conquered the snow stages as well. :notworthy:

Is it all getting a bit like the Schumacher years in F1?

Leob just head and shoulders above every other driver in the field. Gronhiem can at least push him but still ends with the same result. :(

Not knocking Leob, he is one of the best rally drivers ever and could be the best, but the rest aren't even close. :brickwall:

Cant believe Citreon dont try to cash in on their amazing winning streak and release a 4x4 turbo C4 like a Evo or Subaru.

It would be shite but still you think they would try

Cant believe Citreon dont try to cash in on their amazing winning streak and release a 4x4 turbo C4 like a Evo or Subaru.

It would be **** but still you think they would try

If it was as reliable as the wrc car has been it would probably be sweet, but i can't see

it being that appealing!

Here we go, this may be interesting 8)

Gronholm to return to WRC in Portugal

By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 09:28 GMT

Two-time World Rally Champion Marcus Gronholm will make a sensational return to the championship after entering Rally Portugal with a Subaru.

The Finnish driver retired from competition at the end of the 2007 season, but will return to action on 5 April to take part in the Portuguese event.

Gronholm will drive a Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 rally car run by Prodrive.

The former champion said, however, his return is just a one-off, but admitted he will consider his options after the rally.

"Prodrive approached and offered me a chance to compete in WRC Portugal with Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 rally car. After having a test in Norway I decided to take the challenge," said Gronholm.

"When one and a half years ago I made a decision to retire from WRC I didn't say I'd never come back.

"However, WRC Portugal is just a single event and nothing more. After the rally I have to analyze my feelings and to see what happens next."

Gronholm will have Timo Rautiainen as his co-driver for the event.

That's brilliant, let's see how he does............

Maybe more to the point let's see how the car holds up and if it finishes :nuts:

Here we go, this may be interesting 8)

Gronholm to return to WRC in Portugal

By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 09:28 GMT

Two-time World Rally Champion Marcus Gronholm will make a sensational return to the championship after entering Rally Portugal with a Subaru.

The Finnish driver retired from competition at the end of the 2007 season, but will return to action on 5 April to take part in the Portuguese event.

Gronholm will drive a Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 rally car run by Prodrive.

The former champion said, however, his return is just a one-off, but admitted he will consider his options after the rally.

"Prodrive approached and offered me a chance to compete in WRC Portugal with Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 rally car. After having a test in Norway I decided to take the challenge," said Gronholm.

"When one and a half years ago I made a decision to retire from WRC I didn't say I'd never come back.

"However, WRC Portugal is just a single event and nothing more. After the rally I have to analyze my feelings and to see what happens next."

Gronholm will have Timo Rautiainen as his co-driver for the event.

Did well until he crashed!

So loeb does it again, 4 wins out of 4, pretty good if you ask me.

Just watching round 10, back in Oz after a 2 year absence. They've moved to forests on the eastern coast now, so doesn't look the same as you'd remember, no sun baked red dirt, more grey gravel.

Not seen it for a few weeks now, got to say i'm glas Loeb hasn't walked away with the championship this year, Hirvonen is a couple of points ahead nw i think...