just kidding.

spark plugs

oil + filter

fuel filter

air filter

check the coolant, could renew it.

power steering fluid

brake fluid

mainly just checking things, depending on what service history it has you might want to do ht leads etc

ROFL!

Seriously though - what a question!

The answer is really - whatever needs doing...

I would start with looking at the service history and then doing all the usual service items.

I was only askin to see what sort of stuff needs done at particular mileage or year.

I know what normally gets done but thought there might be something that you normally would't have thought of

Gearbox oil has probably never been changed. Quick, easy and well worth doing with Castrol SMX-S or Redline MT90.

Gearbox oil has probably never been changed. Quick, easy and well worth doing with Castrol SMX-S or Redline MT90.

How often does this need doing mate? I've done about 25,000 miles in mine so far and haven't done this. Also, exactly how easy is it to do? Cheers.

Good question and a valid thread if you ask me. I asked the same question when mine was coming upto around 100'000 miles and had some good replies back then.

Anyway.......

You also need to check/inspect the condition all of the various rubber air pipes / water pipes under the bonnet as many of them (particularly around joints / bends etc) can be vulnerable to perishing / cracking. I have had some of these issues on my own car in the past.

I still don't know about timing chains. Not sure whether someone told me they wear out / stretch or if they are fine left alone. AKAIK mine are the originals, and i still don't know whether they need changing.

How often does this need doing mate? I've done about 25,000 miles in mine so far and haven't done this. Also, exactly how easy is it to do? Cheers.

I would prob do it every 40K or so. Really easy (takes 15-20 mins). Difficult to describe without pics! You will need a 17mm gearbox/drain socket (Halfords- cheap). Get under the car and take a look- there should be a fill up hole at the front and a drain hole underneath the gearbox. Front needs to be up on axle stands. Make sure you can undo the fill up hole before you undo the drain and empty all the oil out. Also, make sure you've replaced the drain plug before filling it up again!

To add the new oil, route some tubing attached to a funnel into the fill up hole. Fill up until it starts to dribble out.

I'm sure there'll be pics on here somewhere- do a search. Just tried the Wiki, but it's not working at the mo.