Sign in to follow this  
ebby

Corrado Road Trips

what long distance road trips have people made in there C?

I'm driving to Benicassim festival near Valencia this summer, about 2500 mile round trip, really can't wait...amazing drive down through france and spain camping along the way, then Kings of Leon, Oasis, Paul Weller already headlining the festival...will be amazing..

really interested in hearing about other people's adventures..

A load of us did the 'Ring last september, was about a 1500 mile round trip?

As for Benicassim - I hope you've booked a villa! You'll be asking for it if you camp...we had a couple of mates who decided to save some money by camping, on the second day they moved into our air-conditioned, swimming pooled villa. Its about 35 degrees during the day and after you've been drinking and dancing all night its impossible to sleep or find any shade. It doesn't get started till 8 or 9 in the evening so you need somewhere to splat during the day.

yeah i know mate, i was there last year and camped...at times yes it was very grim after being out all night on the pop etc.

maybe i'm stupid but we're camping again haha, but i know what to expect so will plan a bit better with getting as good a pitch that i can shade wise...i'll probably live to regret the camping as i did last year but the expense of a villa on top of other costs is too much for me...

i think the whole buzz of the festival will carry me through anyhow :D

I drove my C round europe last summer. I went from UK to France, drove up to Amsterdam through Belgium etc. Then went down Germany stopping in Osnabruck, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Nurnberg, Munich. Through Austria stopping at Salzberg and some random small towns. In to Italy (only top part in the mountains although visited Modena one day), up Italy in to Switzerland stopping in Davos and Geneva. Back in to France and drove south to Gorge du Verdon and then back up to UK.

It was awesome and the C is perfectly capable and a great cruiser. Mine however had problems but they were all to do with a supercharger I put on mine that packed up. When I put it back to standard it made the rest of the trip effortlessly.

And you get plenty of attention for it as I didn't see another C the whole trip! Highly recommend it!

sounds amazing that mate, well in...i fancy a trip to germany at some point in the future, been to munich watching bolton play in uefa cup but flew then...i bet the drive across is nice, great chance to take a few other countries on the way too

done 2000 miles from london all round scotland and back - no problems. its going to the alps this year. as rob said - perfectly capable and nothing to be afraid of - ensure your car is tip top first of course.

I drove my C round europe last summer. I went from UK to France, drove up to Amsterdam through Belgium etc. Then went down Germany stopping in Osnabruck, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Nurnberg, Munich. Through Austria stopping at Salzberg and some random small towns. In to Italy (only top part in the mountains although visited Modena one day), up Italy in to Switzerland stopping in Davos and Geneva. Back in to France and drove south to Gorge du Verdon and then back up to UK.

It was awesome and the C is perfectly capable and a great cruiser. Mine however had problems but they were all to do with a supercharger I put on mine that packed up. When I put it back to standard it made the rest of the trip effortlessly.

And you get plenty of attention for it as I didn't see another C the whole trip! Highly recommend it!

am hoping to be doing something very similar to this later in the year so am really looking forward to it! i cant wait to go