Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

Cenrral locking & blowing fuse, Now Fixed :)

Hi all,

I'm having a fair bit of bother with the central locking & electric window fuse blowing, i seem to have traced everything back to the item in the picture.

The system works great until i plug in the wires that go into the socket on the pump thing (which is normally inside the drivers door) and then it blows

(caused a small fire recently too)

But yet the central locking is ok and so are the windows when i disconnect it! both without blowing a the main fuse. could it be something else near the fuse box???

What do all the wires do if it works without being plugged in? and why does the handle also have a wire atached?? :scratch: what does that do?? :scratch:

it's the trigger from the lock to operate the central locking, the vac pump is energised when you turn the key, but the main vac pump is in the boot so you need the triggers so that when either door is unlocked the system pumps and opens the other locks.

that unit must be shorting inside I reckon.

They are the contol valves, so they have the switches inside them to tell the pump to pump or to stop pumping etc when you turn the key, I think!

Edit, just beaten to it!!

Check it, there should be a 12V supply, earth, and then when you turn the key one of the remaining two pins should go live, and when you turn it the other way, the other pin should.

On the plug one wire will be brown, that's earth.

no idea but very late ones (after chassis no. 50-P-000001) are the same as a passat (357862153H)

oddly, although the earlier part number is a 357 number (passat) it doesn't come up as fitted to passats??? - that no. is 357862153 (no suffix)

worth getting a passat one and trying it I reckon, they're usually pretty reliable units.

Oh thanks very much for the replys, I think i'm going to take one off Judiths 8v and try that first then if it works then i'll try and get hold of one if its ok. Or just leave it on mine instead :luvlove: :lol:

Is is ok to use it without being pluged in then? I can use the romote opening to bypass it then, & is that what folk do when they De-lock them????

Oh thanks very much for the replys, I think i'm going to take one off Judiths 8v and try that first then if it works then i'll try and get hold of one if its ok. Or just leave it on mine instead :luvlove: :lol:

Is is ok to use it without being pluged in then? I can use the romote opening to bypass it then, & is that what folk do when they De-lock them????

LOL wish I had a guinea pig car :lol:

Yeah its nice to swap a few bits to try and swap back again. I never seem to be able to bring myself to borrow anything from the VR though :lol:

Might be another coming this weekend fingers crossed :ignore:

Nope! door card still off and awaiting a donor part from judes 8v (snow stopped play) :(

Hi Guys just to let you know that I swapped over jude's pump from her car today and it worked spot on without blowing the fuse so as Davidwort said it sems to be shorting out.

Will post up in the wanted section now then :lol:

Thanks fellas :salute:

Well just to give an update on this one, it was indeed the pump inside the door and after getting a couple from off the CF i fitted one and it is now working perfectly :clap:

Just gotta sort out the membrane now and re-fix the door card, got some of the proper VW adhesive to do it too :wink: so hope it does the trick.

Thanks to everyone who helped out including ShaunG60 & Besian for the parts :salute: