voo51

My Corrado 16v project .....Now breaking

Fair play, that looks really good. Nice to see something a little bit different. I do love that type of Porsche seat 8)

I went to the DIY store and got some glue remover. I will get the name of it and post it on here. Another panel done today. My arm is really hurting! Simon suggested I should take the bonnet off but I though ' nah , I can do it!' I guess he was right!! Never mind!

I can't see the front arches being widened in the forseeable future and I like it with just the rears done :D

The inlet and rocker were off ebay. To be honest I have tryed to do the whole car as cheap as possible, everything is off ebay or this forum! I avoid getting new parts unless absolutely needed.

Also fitted polished/chrome door locks today. :)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf16062009453.jpg[/attachment:ipml56nx]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf16062009454.jpg[/attachment:ipml56nx]16062009455.jpg[/attachment:ipml56nx]

hello mate. loving your commitment to the corrado. looks very nice. just wondering, where did you get the chrome locks and door pins from? need to fix the mechs on my doors as they are stiff/crap and these would be a nice addition.

They were from Venom but to be honest I would just send yours off the LMR as the are quite cheap.

Thankyou for te comments :)

Looks great! be nice to see it at bvf if you are there on sunday 8)

Hi Vicki,car looked awesome yesterday, really looks spot on with the interior and a few new underbonnet goodies, where did you get that cool power steering bottle from? Shame i missed you, i was wandering round all day , spoke to quicky1980 though, seems a good chap. Always good to put a face to a name. 8)

Thankyou! I really enjoyed showing her off, It is crazy how good she looks at a show as I drive her to work and back and hardly anyone takes a second look. It is a shame I did not get to meet other Corrado owners on here as it would be nice to put some names to faces.

Sam - SpecR made the powersterring bottle for me. I sent them a standard one and they rustled that up. They can make your tanks although it isn't cheap - hence only having that one at the minute! Although, I have got a Baileys header tank I am just re polishing up, along with a power rohr at last!

I am going to really clean the engine bay down in the Winter and hopefully get the head ported and polished. I have also got a throttle body on route to clean, polish and knife edge, plus a few service upgrades - nkg plugs etc. Oh and I would like drilled and grooved disks but it's all money I do not have!

Thanks again guys and look forward to meeting you at the next few shows. Kip - I am only going on the Saturday as she is no where near up to concours standard and I can only get one or the other off work.

Hi Vicky, good to meet you on Saturday and well done on 1st prize. Did you win on Sunday too? Your car looked mint and it was nice to at least have one other rado in the show n shine!

Hi Vicky, good to meet you on Saturday and well done on 1st prize. Did you win on Sunday too? Your car looked mint and it was nice to at least have one other rado in the show n shine!

Was good to meet you as well, I still can't get over your wheels and all the work you have put into them!! You have inspired me, so last night i went and bought all my sand papers to start polishing things to your standard :D

Ah ok! Good luck if you enter saturday then and hope to see you with it later in the year? Harewood Maybe or Tatton. :wave:

Was good to meet you as well, I still can't get over your wheels and all the work you have put into them!! You have inspired me, so last night i went and bought all my sand papers to start polishing things to your standard :D

Haha thanks. Good luck with it though, as I said to you, you'll only ever want to do it once in your life!! :D

It has been a while since my last update. Since then, I have been concentrating on my engine bay a bit. I have had a one off dipstick top made and fan motor cover, along with power steering resovoir and brake fluid lid cover, polished dipstick tunnel fitted and I have had my, fuel regulator, alternator bracket, oil cooler and bracket and cold start valve and connecting pipe chrome plated. Along with my front upper brace fitted and stainless coil cover. I think there might be a few other bits I have mised but can't remember at the minute.

Plus, after seeing some beautifull clean bays at this years shows I have started to clean mine. I forgot how dirty it was. I spent a few hours on it today, but had to give up due to a cracking headache!

Here is my progress so far. I want to continue with it in the winter months.

Also fitted a polished header tank which looks lovely.....

So much still to do, everytime I think I have done I find more bits to clean!

vicky the engine looked great at BVF, i think your doing a great job! what did you use to get the grud of the gearbox apart from elbow grease?

wow looking good! just need a battery cover though to tidy that bit up 8) Nice work!

wow looking good! just need a battery cover though to tidy that bit up 8) Nice work!

kip can you answer my question?

what did you use to get the grud of the gearbox apart from elbow grease?

GUNK with a stiff brush and hot water from a kettle :salute: Carefully though!

GUNK with a stiff brush and hot water from a kettle :salute: Carefully though!

GUNK is exactly what I used, great stuff, although I Didn't use a hot kettle, which is probably why I Had to do it a few times. I definately need a firmer brush and I Hope my electrics are ok as the water splashed everywhere! Guess I WIll will find out this afternoon when I Start her up!

Kip- I agree, i am currently in the process of either buying one that goes on the top or having one that covers the whole left side and top of my battery. :D Still got a long way to go to get the engine as clean as yours!!!