Sign in to follow this  
Dave.Warlord

VR6 Discs on a G60

When I bought my G60 back in 02 I was lucky enough to get one with a set of 17" BBS RS wheels. Due to them being 5 stud as opposed to the G60 4 the hubs and discs had been drilled and tapped to throw the rims on. Its been done well and I've never had any trouble but I want to change the discs now and wondered if the VR6 discs are the same.

Looking at the pics on the AVS spares site it seems to me the G60 ones have the disc set back further from the central plate where the holes are than the VR6.

Will I have to change the Hubs as I don't fancy buying G60 ones and having to drill holes in them and if the hubs are changed will the caliper still fit. Is this why the previous owner drilled them rather than replacing the hubs and discs?

I wanted to do all four corners.

Cheers

What year we talking?

94 to 97 the VR passat discs are 288 x 25 but look the same as the C VR6 ones.

The discs from the Tdi passat are the right size but again they look wrong

G60

11206.jpg

1994 tdi passat

06548.jpg

Snap! I have a G60 with 17" BBS in 5x100.

If you change the hubs to VR6 ones, you'll need to put VR6 outer CV's in as well, you'll also need to modify the G60 ABS rings if yours has ABS. Also VR6 hubs are larger in diameter by about 7mm, so when using G60 Discs you need to skim about 4mm off the inner wall on the back of the discs where they fit over the hubs, as well as re drilling them.

The rears are not a problem, they are just VR6 discs, the wheel bolts onto the disc.

So mine has the VR hubs/cv's etc, and i'm using redrilled G60 discs, i don't like having redrilled discs to be honest, i was thinking of asking ATE (who make OE discs) if it was possible to drill some G60 dics in 5x100 and skim the backs out!

www.ecstuning.com have 5 stud conversion parts, but i think their custom discs are 288mm, and their 280's are just redrills.

Not sure what to do either?

Not sure on the Passat discs either, these are from a '90 to '94 VR6, they're 280x22 but the offset still looks wrong to me

8511.jpg[/attachment:34vrwcn2]