Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Piping up Vac + Boost gauges

At the moment ive got a vdo vac/Boost gauge as per pic...But im considering going for two seperate gauges, one for Vac and one for Boost.

Currently the vac/boost gauge is piped up to the inlet manifold via the oem t piece that ran to the carbon cannister.

My question is, can i simply keep this single line and use a t-piece in the car to supply both the vac + boost gauge?

Cheers, Neil.

radovdovacboostgauge.jpg

But that will not read a vac all the time otherwise the boost gauge would not read boost if it did.

You dont need 2 seperate gauges as your always in a vac until you force boost to which the gauge responds correspondadly.

What won't read vac all the time Simon? My current one? I know mate, but at tickover its good to see if there is ever any change (ie:a leak etc) and on part throttle cruising it can be just in vac or at zero until positive pressure arrives.

Im not happy with my current set up as the vac/boost is side lit, and my others (volts/oil pressure) are back lit :lol:

Was thinking like this for seperate vac/boost gauges...obviously vac would read...then as it hits zero, the boost would read. But is it the correct way to pipe seperate gauges up?

g60vacboostgaugespiping.jpg

they will work alright like that, the pressure from the inlet manifold will be the same in all the pipes