Sign in to follow this  
neil w

Replacement or Aftermarket Seats ?

I have a 1995 2.0 16v Corrado which has the later 'jacquard' type black interior fitted. The front seats are now starting to wear quite badly with the bolsters collapsing and the material fraying. I have a set of immaculate front seats from a scirocco which have the same mounts but they will not fit due to the position of the reclining knob on the inside of the seat low down on the backrest pivot position, this fouls the transmission tunnel on the corrado. Looking at a number of vw seats they all seem to be of a similar design whereas the corrado has the adjuster half way up the side of the seat.

Just an observation but he earlier VAG upholstery seems much better quality and longer lasting .

The question is does anyone know of any other vw/audi seats that will physically fit, ( I am not worried about changing or adapting the runner mechanisms).

Or alternatively has anyone experience of fitting aftermarket front seats such as Corbeau, Cobra, OMP, Sparco or Carrelli , which ones physically fit the car and what are their quality like ?

They're not a direct replacement. They're fitted on the TT runner, which are bolted to a bar fitted into the corrado runners in my car and also bolted to the floor at the front of the seats. I'll try and take some pictures as it's pretty hard to explain.

Problem solved. I managed to pick up a full set of matching late model seats locally for £100. They have a couple of cigarette burns on the bases but he bolsters , foams etc are all good. I've spoken to a local trimmer who can use the cetres from my own seats and make a good pair fairly cheaply.

plus I will have a full set of spare bases should i decide later on to fit alternative or aftermarkety seats.

Just got to fit the front eibach springs, bilstein shocks and polybushed wishbones and the refurbished 16" OZ Volcano wheels with TOYO 215/40 tyres and she will be ready fro the summer.

That said I've been using it in the snow recently and on its 15" rims its a damn sight safer than either of the A4 Audis I've got.