corradomonkey

Wing Mirror Fitting?! Help

i recently had my passenger wing mirror kicked off by some little *%$! and now having bought another need a little help on how to replace.

Can anyone recommend a site or a post I can refer to? Its a VR6 passenger mirror and it broke at the hinge.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks!

Hi,

There are 2 screws at either end of the door panel ( may be covered with black screw caps) and 1 in the speaker housing (you need to prise off the speaker grill to get to it).

Remove these 5 screws, unscrew the door pin, prise out the centre piece of trim on the door pull and then remove the 2 screws in the door pull.

Next slide the surround on the door handle forward and remove it.

You can now remove the door panel (gently so that you don't break any press in clips) then unplug all the swich looms from the main looms.

All you have to do then is peel the plastic liner back at top, undo the 2 screws on the old mirror, fit the new one with the gasket underneath and put everything back that you removed in reverse order :)

Good luck, but it is pretty straightforward, only awkward thing is putting the panel back on and trying to line up the rod with the hole that the door pin screws onto. HTH :)

Good luck, but it is pretty straightforward, only awkward thing is putting the panel back on and trying to line up the rod with the hole that the door pin screws onto. HTH

Found using a bit of cotton helps lining up the rod in it's hole...

Good luck though, pretty straight forward to do...