Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

lots of corrados with low miles

Here's the other side of the coin.

My car a VR6 is a one owner, me, and it's done 43,000.

I bought it in Oct 92 on a K reg. The following year I got a job in a dodgty area so decided not to take the car with me. Then I got a company car. The Corrado spent a lot of time in my garage and didn't get much use but I didn't want to swap it.

I used to take it to the dealers but since 97 I've been doing the servicing myself.

I took some photo's of it Feb last year with 39K on the clock intending to put it on here but couldn't bring myself to part with it. I reckon realistically it's worth about 3.5K. Since new apart from filters and plugs and oil its had front tyres, worn out, rear tyres plasticized, new cables on the sunroof and last month new thermostat housing. At the moment the nearside rear brake calliper is dragging but that's it.

There are young cars out there if you look hard enoughand find someone with their guard down.

Andy

Here's the other side of the coin.

My car a VR6 is a one owner, me, and it's done 43,000.

I bought it in Oct 92 on a K reg. The following year I got a job in a dodgty area so decided not to take the car with me. Then I got a company car. The Corrado spent a lot of time in my garage and didn't get much use but I didn't want to swap it.

I used to take it to the dealers but since 97 I've been doing the servicing myself.

I took some photo's of it Feb last year with 39K on the clock intending to put it on here but couldn't bring myself to part with it. I reckon realistically it's worth about 3.5K. Since new apart from filters and plugs and oil its had front tyres, worn out, rear tyres plasticized, new cables on the sunroof and last month new thermostat housing. At the moment the nearside rear brake calliper is dragging but that's it.

There are young cars out there if you look hard enoughand find someone with their guard down.

Andy

So, are you selling for £3.5 :norty:

He-man is completley separate to TCS. Having met He-man in Manchester where he lives I can confirm he is not Richard at TCS near Swadlincote. Tried to see a car once many years ago from TCS, but was put off by the offer to meet near Sainsburys and phone him when I get there, I found it all very strange for a dealer so didn't go as sounded dodgy.

OK so there are too many letters but thats also an anagram of Swindle :lol:

Also, loving this 'ram raided halfords' edition of the G60 :cuckoo:

media?id=918119506

Looking through the site - most of the ad's are either 'wanted' or 'sold'! Doesn't make for good reading :?

Am I selling? This week, no. But from time to time I do get tempted but only because I fancy trying something else. Then I realise I'd have to put a lot of money to what I might get for the Corrado before I'd have a car that was just as good.

Andy