winchbietch

Winchbietch VR - 280 rears

last outing before the snow in the oettinger today got some bits to do to sort her out over the winter!

mk1 golfs running sweet nearly ready for sale and im chasing jezzag60s loom!

would love to get the rado ready to whip your ass in the spring!

would love to get the rado ready to whip your ass in the spring!

There will be none of that hanky panky... :camp:

Interested in how well your nothelle goes though.

well been a while so probbably good time to update:

gabevasa.jpg

In process of doing work on the rado, having the engine out i found my 263 cams had developed a flaw / mark

Got in contact with Bill schimmel and ended up shipping them back to him, very long story cut short - The manufacturing department threw out a warranty claim because i had owned them nearly two years. Even though they had only covered 3k miles due to being off the road having a reshell.

Cant thank Bill enough though as he said he would replace them and he was a man of his word..

whilst i had the cams out i decided to rip the head off and double check no damage had been caused with the marked cam.

sent head in for refurb / clean up and took the opertunity to fit Arp head studs + Exhaust studs.

ahusy3as.jpg

Repainted the manifolds and cooked them in the oven ra7y7uze.jpg

With new cams again i had to get new tappets and made the mistake of using Europarts in Exeter.

I had forgotten how poor their service was: previously i bought ina tappets from them and 8 turned up correct and 4 were non branded..

This time round i got 12 ina tappets, 10 correct and two completely for the wrong car - not even the same size lol. .

second visit to Exeter and 1 correct and 1 non branded ****e.. third visit and after a ****ed off phone call from myself they ordered in 4 for me to be able to make sure 1 correct one turned up!!!

Putting it back together with stainless bolts where needed.hygyhepy.jpg

eqypeba6.jpg

---------- Post added at 5:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:18 PM ----------

Following buying the coilovers from chazrad - Charlie, i gave them a wipe over with autosol, taking away any of the tarnished marks and making them look like new again. only thing letting them down was the scabby springs so decided to send the springs in for re - powdercoating.

All back together now -shelved ready for for fitment later on :-)

hesa8ujy.jpg

Edited by winchbietch

Size wise there wasn't a massive difference but it all added up, weight wise they feel about half the weight..

I used a vacuum bleader for first time on these and then did the old tested method of using the brake pedal -just having to wait for them to bed in..

Very unimpressed with the standard of a local company today though..

Yesterday i renewed my tie rods and track rod ends, alot easier than i was expecting..

The tracking gauges at my work are damaged so i had to resort to getting it done elsewhere.

Firstly i was told "ah cars lowered - cant do the tracking"

Then as i said the gauges will still fit i got told "the wheels are not standard - gauges wont sit on the tyres". Plus " rear wheels stick out further than the front so we wont guarantee it being correct"

Finally after alot of discussion they get it on the ramp.. About 10minutes go by and there seems to be alot of confusion - they cant get the tracking right..

The guys fraping the new tie rods back and forth with stilsons and doing a good job of chewing them up, so i go over to be told the steering wheel must not be straight so he cant set the tracking...

Luckily at this point a old guy comes over to take over and explains to the chap all you have to do is centralise the rack and adjust it.. FINALLY someone with some common...

They flat refused to remove and straighten my steering wheel but by then i had had enough.. - doesn't inspire confidence i have to say

Edited by winchbietch

What size disc's are you using? And what wheel's thank's sorry to hear of your woe's 2day watching this thread closely

Im just glad i don't have use people like this very often, but then they were open on a sunday so helped he out i guess :scratch:

312 mk4 golf discs with alfa brera brembo's using 6mm spacing on caliper, schmidt 16" rims.

I bought it as a new kit from Ebay.

Really decent guy called Dave, gbautomotive2010 on ebay - [email protected] located in Northampton

I got in contact with him checking whether it would fit my car / wheels and he put it all together on a test rig and i met him at his house to trial fit my wheel to before purchace.

The guy works for ebc and does this as a side job.

He does lots of brakes /kits.. A Top bloke.

Edited by winchbietch

After over 3 months being parked up I decided to go for a quick blast to remind myself why we plow our time and money into these machines..

Beats packing for moving house too: thumbleft:....

Ru off again off again?

Nice daffs cant believe you sat in and made Kim take your picture!! shocking

(on a serious note looking good like th3 wheels and she sitting alot better than the last time i saw her)

Quite a busy road to be parking on lol, but on a great day like it has been it was rude not to try and enjoy the rado..

Moving south of peterborough in two weeks, so alot closer for work for us both..

After doing a massive tidy up i now have a usable garage after the move..

Got time to fit my 280 rear brake setup.

ahedadep.jpg5e9uhy3u.jpg6eneru2a.jpg

Edited by winchbietch