BadMeatPies

BadMeatPies' 16v - New night shots pg2

Third photo is very cool.

Was good to meet you the other month at no rice. You heading down there for septembers meets?

Third photo is very cool.

Was good to meet you the other month at no rice. You heading down there for septembers meets?

I agree, looks awesome :)

I should be there, yes, although arrive early and leave before the chavs take over.

Agreed, think get down by 7.30ish. Shame the chav have decided that they are welcome.

nice cake/car.

And them wheels come on mk4s and beetles, replicas are also available for £38 per wheel brand new apparently...

aha..

Pretty good i supose..

My mates got um on a mk3, looks ok...

Hes got some shmidts to come soon the lucky c*n*

Good wheels for cheap mind.

Thought i should update this to put an end to all the suspense of what has been happening with the car...

Unfortunately L229 JTM is dead.

It has served me seriously well over the past few years, and was pretty damn capable by the end, until the head gasket went and took a few cylinders with it (at almost exactly 150,000 miles), i decided to cut my losses (probably a mistake as it was an almost new car by the end)

It ended up totally stripped out (including all but the main parts of the dash), with buckets, OMP wheel, the Phirms excellent ABF conversion (I really can't recommend this enough if you have a 9a; more power, efficiency (50mpg on the motorway, 30ish average), reliability, everything was improved), a TSR stage 3 head, 4 branch, high flow cat, some cat back exhaust, Koni coilovers, fully pollybushed, AP racing 305mm brakes, 15x8 Compomotive MO wheels, 205 R888s in the summer, uniroyal rainsport 2's for winter. it was a real road weapon, unfortunately i never got it on track or to a hill climb as it was designed for these things.

Thanks to everyone on the forum and everyone at the Phirm for their help, it was fun!

ETA: i think this is the only shot of the car on it's wheels and tyres, the silver centre trims only stayed for a week. 22457482213044744450861.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by BadMeatPies