Sign in to follow this  
slugmaster100

what suspension?

Hi,

I have unfortunately heard the twang of a rear spring snapping at the weekend, checked it today and have indeed snapped the ol' spring!

So... now I've to decide what to do for the best.

In the nearly 4 years of owning the car, I have replaced all sorts of parts (bushes, subframe, wishbones etc.) but never replaced any shockers or springs. I have noticed too that the NSR shocker is starting to weep a bit.

I think it would be an ideal opportunity to replace all my suspension, but I don't know what is out there and a good buy.

I have seen on Ebay quite a few coilover kits for front and back, for a total including postage of about £200 (have a look, there's loads!). Does anybody know whether these kits are any good, or just cheap poop?

When I had a Polo before, I lowered that 40mm and fitted Bilstein shockers all round. This was really good, so I don't know whether I should just go for uprated shockers and lowering springs?

What are your opinions on what lowered suspension (not ridiculous, but subtly!) to go for, on a bit of a budget (got a house to do up too!)?

Thanks, Rich.

Without meaning to jump on the bandwagon, this is the exact same question I have wanting to ask for a while too! I've read the suspension thread from start to finish but the difference of opinion is amazing, although I guess it could well be the same on this thread too.

Like Rich, I want a subtle drop (nothing more than about 30-35mm), and I want to retain as much of the ride quality as possible. I also owned a Polo previously (Mk2F), and I fitted a H&R 60/40 kit. If I'm honest it destroyed the ride comfort, was soooo harsh! I'd like something a little more in keeping with the general comfort of the Corrado.

Hope you don't mind me jumping on the thread Rich :lol:

Tom

jump away! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was also under the impression that earlier Corrado's were lower as standard (and mine's a 90 G-plate). So I don't want anything too low, just nice! Slight improvement in handling, coupled with not too much loss in ride comfort would be ideal!

Cheers mucca's!

Rich.

there is a huge thread on this, put 'suspension discussion' into the search and im sure all your answers will be there... :D

Or use the sticky at the top of this forum ....

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39334

Sorry I know it sounds unhelpful but have a read through that thread. I know there are bound to be conflicting opinions but you'll only get them in this thread as well.

Basically the more you spend, the better suspension you get - there aren't that many cheap thrills when it comes to the bouncy stuff.