Sign in to follow this  
mikehiow

Central locking info

I'm after some information on the central locking in my VR6 (94/L)

I'd like to fit a transmitter/receiver for remote central locking.

How is it activated? Is it separate for lock/unlock? normally open or normally closed? and where is the best place to splice into the appropriate wires?

It's a lock unlock and given that the car uses a signal from the door handle (either side) when you turn the key for central locking you can use that.

Why do some of the Corrado door handles not have wires on them too? would they still work ok if you have remote central locking?

Sorry for the hijack but its kinda related :?

Why do some of the Corrado door handles not have wires on them too? would they still work ok if you have remote central locking?

Sorry for the hijack but its kinda related :?

Er, no wires means no central locking, bit of an oddity on UK spec corrados because even the rally spec (manual windows etc) cars had central locking as standard. Why VW provide a handle without a central locking facility is a little beyond me but I will speculate that it is for other markets that don't have it as standard.

As to why some UK 'rados are running around with these handles; first of all ETKA is as clear as mud, 4 different options per handle side, so dealers may well order the wrong item and the non central locking handles are half the price of the central locking ones so some people may have opted for the cheaper less functional item..

Cheers for that Yan, just picked one up cheap thats all and was a bit miffed :scratch: