Sign in to follow this  
aclwalker

Can't lock car at driver's side.

I can unlock my car at either side fine, and both doors and boot will unlock correctly. However, I can only lock at the passenger side. The driver's side doesn't seem to detect my key turn. It used to intermittently work, but now never works and so I have to lock the car at the passenger side. It also used to work only after holding the key in the lock position for a few seconds, but not any more.

What could be the problem here? I've just bought the handle repair kits and, even though the handles haven't broken yet, I would like to solve this central locking problem at the same time as I fit them.

Any ideas? I couldn't find anything much with the search.

Thanks.

Unfortunately its the microswitch in the handle thats gone by the sound of it. If you stick your ear right up to the handle and slowly turn the key both ways, you may just hear the click, should hear it both ways. Could still be the microswitch even if you do hear it click both ways though.

New/secondhand handle time really, then stick the repair linkage kit on that. It may be worth poping the door card off to make sure the wiring is in tact first...

Neil.