Sign in to follow this  
__Andy__

Recaro wiring..

ok used the search, got a rough idea and have the bentley manual so all should be ok.

be buggere if they dont have the looms though!

can anyone post a pic of the looms please??

See if I can find it amongst the "Just had the house to bits for new floors and carpets" devastation!

In the words of Capt Oates... "I may be some time!"

Seriously if its only the adjustment loom you need zerocool does/did do them for £20 and its got the factory plugs on wrapped in factory tape etc, just not worth butchering stuff for that much.

Each loom basically consists of a live feed with a fuse in it (10 amp I think) which splits into 2 to go to both seats, on the return you have the earth. Would be very very easy to rig up the electric seats. If you have ever wired up an amp, this is easier

wired in amps and speakers plenty of time's so not afraid to tackle this job, just want to see a pic of the loom's to make sure its there when i pick them up...

Regards,

Andy

Andy, if you are going "Factory" then you may have remove some of the D/Side dash as it appears the looms plug into the top of the fusebox :gag:

I have unconfirmed reports of a relay as well as the fuse??? Can any-one with Factory fit Recaros confirm this please?

electric adjustment loom is really simple as advised by Rustynuts above, there is no relay and with the front two seats out the wiring is really simple to route.

If you have leather recaros you will also have a heated element in the seats which requires a seperate loom and this is the one that is a complicated as it wires to the dash switches and some relays from what im aware are located in the rear three quarter. Have a earch as its been covered a few times.

electric adjustment loom is really simple as advised by Rustynuts above, there is no relay and with the front two seats out the wiring is really simple to route.

If you have leather recaros you will also have a heated element in the seats which requires a seperate loom and this is the one that is a complicated as it wires to the dash switches and some relays from what im aware are located in the rear three quarter. Have a earch as its been covered a few times.

once ive got them ill sit down and work everything out, just really want a piccy of the loom!!

as for the heated element, i wasnt awae that they had this but if they do then happy days!

if they are leather they will definitely be heated. There will be two multiplug connectors underneath the base of the seats. One for the adjustment and the second for the heated element.

As for a picture of the adjustment loom I don’t have it but its pretty simple. Just two wires for each seat, a positive and earth. From factory the positive connects to a fused live on the fuse box and the earth is connected to the spider shaped earthing point up behind the top of the dash. You don’t necessarily have to use these points for the wiring you could just wire in any fused live and use any earthing point.

ok thats pretty simple, im familliar with the bits your on about. geuss i better start a search for the heated looms and switches then!

On my non factory fit loom but made to be like 1 there is no relay but i have also heard the same that there may be 1. It does indeed plug into the top of the fuse box so its drop the fuse box down job and a pain in the arse.

ok i have just sold my grey leather heated electric recaros to _leon_ on here...

he might if you catch him may be able to produce a pic of the full loom for you as he had both out of my car...

the heated loom is a bit of a beast and i would definatly say easier to install than take out!!! hehe

if you need any help advice on where the loom goes then givem me a shout as it really is not hard to relocate...