CazzaVR

Blueflame (poor) Performance

Been having some probs with them and I'm getting a bit fed up. Got my exhaust from them fitted just before Chistmas, but they'd sent the wrong tailpipe. Asked for a twin rolled in and they sent a normal twin.

Emailed Nigel a month ago, and he said no probs, we'll send a new one etc. All fine and dandy.

Waited a week. Nothing.

Emailed again. Nothing.

Called again- Nigel on the shop floor- he'll call you back in 10 minutes. No call.

Called again a few days later. The guy I spoke to interrupted Nigel (who was on the other line) and asked what the score was. Nigel told him to tell me they'd send one out asap.

A week later- nothing.

Emailed Nigel again, explaining the car was going into the garage for some work, and I'd appreciate it if the tailpipe could be sent to get to me by then, so the garage could fit it. He emailed back and said they'd send it out on the Monday.

Suffice to say it didn't arrive.

Well, sent Nigel a stern email 2 weeks ago, to complain about the service. He replied, apologised and said they still didn't have the rolled in trims. He said he'd let me know when they were on the way. Suffice to say, I still haven't received them. I can't believe that they'd be out of stock for nearly two months...

Emailed again on Tuesday... no reply.

Phoned at 11am today. Nigel out delivering a car, so I spoke to Andy, who was very helpful. He took all my details and said he'd make sure Nigel definately called me back 'within 2 hours'.

No prizes for guessing I haven't had a call.

Anyone know who is the 'top guy' at Blueflame? Calling and emailing doesn't seem to get me anywhere. Think I need to get in touch with the person in charge.

I'm seriously considering getting the exhaust removed, sending it back, demanding a refund and invoicing them for the fitting/removal labour.

Hmmm... I was initially impressed with the efficient and friendly service I got from Blueflame, but the after-sales is sadly lacking. It's quite telling that they seem to put the effort in when taking your money, but when it comes to sorting out a mistake they made, they just can't be bothered to sort it. I've been driving around without the tailpipe I ordered and paid for a nearly two months after they said they'd send me a new one. Really, really gets my goat when people don't have the manners to return a call or email, especially when you're paying their wages by buying their products!

SORT IT OUT, BLUEFLAME!

Hi I've used blue flame in the past on my golf pd130 and it was great, how does this sound? Is it much louder and how is the fit? Thanks

I've a 2nd hand custom blueflame on the RS4, found the after sales complete crap.

Emailed to ask for a price on fitting to be told its not compatible on my car but I could book in for a custom system made. Funny as it came off another RS4!

Emailed again for a price explaining this to be told they need to look at it still no price.

Called up to have it adjusted to be told they were busy, and I'd have to call back? Wtf!

Stupidly called again to book and told Nigel was busy call back, told the lady I'd leave my number for him to call when free..... No reply!

I went elsewhere, seems they are only interested in big money custom jobs.

Very poor!!

Used Pipewerx since and they were spot in.

Ni

Edited by Macdaddy

Thats terrible customer service, i hope this thread pops up when people google Blue Flame now :(

I'd be sending it back Andy for a full refund as it was wrong and you have given them enough chances to correct it.

CazzaVR, some usefull information you may be interested in, Nigel has been involved in five different companies that have all ended tits up, doesn't sound good. I would try get this resolved very quickly before Blueflame Performance Engineering Ltd go into liquidated again, they filled bankrupt in October 2010, then reopened a few buildings down the road as guess what Blueflame Performance Exhausts Ltd, and re-invent them selves as another hopless serving company.

bu the looks of things, Nigel is also currently Director of another company called B.C.S automotive aswell

Hope this helps and not makes you more worried.

Matt

Looks like he needs to get a grip and work for someone as he's obviously sh1t at running his own business, no sympathy for this retard.

See it lots with my trade too. :/

I would imagine that this has been resolved by now! looks like it was originally posted in 2009

:lol: Never looked at that! Why do folk dig old posts up? you could have sold it years ago! Doh!

Did it get sorted then Andy?????

:lol: Never looked at that! Why do folk dig old posts up? you could have sold it years ago! Doh!

Did it get sorted then Andy?????

I replied to an old post because surely wanting to know what a blue flame exhaust sounds like on a corrado then he is the person to ask!! Seeming as though he had one fitted.

Yeah but Cazza's had ten corrado's he wont bloody remember :lol:

I wasn't meaning to have a dig or anything though mate but as you can see it caught a few out.

PM's are lovely ;)

It was (and still is!) fitted to our Octavia vRS. Fits nicely and sounds perfect. Nice deep burble, but not too loud.

They eventually sent the correct tailpipe, which got surface corrosion due to the poor quality metal used. Needs a regular polish to keep it at bay. Lots of people have had this problem.

It's a good exhaust, but I would NEVER buy from them again...