Sign in to follow this  
ADZ_VR6

Throttle body question?

Just been doing a search in google about big bore / polished TB's ended up on a thread on vortex, Can you buy performance TB's or is it a do it yourself night mare? :eek:

I have the contact details for the guy who made throttle bodies for AMD, hisname is Ian and the contact details I have are:

email: [email protected] or call him on 07968391056

Cost, big bore Corrado body, £120 exchange.

I'm planning on getting one off him very soon.

Hope this helps

James

Woohoo, met up with Ian (alpina527) last night and got myself a big bore throttle body from him, very nice piece of work and a really good bloke, recommended.

James

A big bore throttle body will work on its own but you will see little if any gain unless its supported with other breathing mods.

But...... every little helps.

I'm soon to be fitting a flowed head, flowed manifold, flowed throttle body, rohr pipe, modified airbox, 4-branch, 2 1/2" exhaust.

Ok, so its to a 4 banger but the principle is the same. I wouldn't expect to see much of a gain with the flowed manifold and throttle body alone but with the flowed head im working on the principle that the head will be able to draw more air, so a flowed throttle body/manifold will make it easier and hopefully will help squeeze a few extra ponies out of her.

Hope this helps

I have a BMC fitted, ive considered getting a rohr pipe too. Already got a 6 branch fitted along with a miltek sports cat and 2.5" exhaust, so hopefull i should benefit from the big bore TB.

What gains can you expect, a few more hp or moe just throttle response?

Cheers Pumba

In all honesty a rohr pipe will do sweet f.a.

You might see a few horses with the TB (you may notice some improvement at the top end) but not much without head work. You should almost definitely see a change in throttle response.

Can't really say much more than that, power gains will be quite small but as i said before, every little helps! :grin: