Sign in to follow this  
BadMeatPies

16v Brake upgrade; Brembo's?

Im looking to upgrade my front brakes on my 2.0 16v, looking at 280mm VR/G60 brakes, but have seen seat brembos mentioned a lot; whats needed for this conversion?

I will hopefully be running compomotive MO's in 16", and want to keep it 4x100 PCD, is there a 4x100 disc that works with the brembo's?

cheer's

bmp

You just need the standard kit off a SEAT IBIZA CUPRA, 305mm discs with Brembo calipers.

Used to be about £500 for the whole conversion from SEAT but now around twice that - Badger5 is the place to buy

Thanks Supercharged.

Do you know if there will be any problems with clearance with the brembo's and 16" MOs?

Also, as the plan (how often do they come through?) is 300+ bhp, would you say its a worthwhile upgrade over the VR6/G60 brakes? is the £500ish extra going to be worth it? my guess is yes...but you guys know more than me.

Cheers

BMP

Also, as the plan (how often do they come through?) is 300+ bhp, would you say its a worthwhile upgrade over the VR6/G60 brakes? is the £500ish extra going to be worth it? my guess is yes...but you guys know more than me.

Think you just answered your own question there :)

Fact of the matter is that there's a good reason why a lot of us with VR's have ditched the standard brakes..they are useless at dealing with speeds that 190bhp+ brings. If 300bhp is the plan then you'd be looking at getting something pretty special.

If you run 5x100 hubs or adapters then it opens up a lot, I know you said you'd like to keep 4x100 but when you can pick up 312mm upgrades these days for under £100 it's got to be a viable option

Saying that though it's amazing what a decent set of pads, discs, fluid, hoses, and a proper bleed will do

dose eneybody have the part numbers for a ll the bits for seat ibiza Cupra brembo brakes as i am in the motor trade and get prety good discount with seat and am going to see how cheep i can get them for

Thats cos you need proper pads in Karl.

Im at 300bhp with the ibiza 305mm 4 x 100 discs, stopping was good and way better than standard going to the brembo's but once i put in the Ferodo DS2500 pads its almost too good without ABS on my car, just the right amount of chuck norris i think.

You need to get

x2 Brembo calipers

x2 pairs of pads

x2 305mm discs 4 x 100

x2 mounting calipers from the ibiza

x2 braided hoses

I am a lucky one in that they cost me £500