Sign in to follow this  
Randomjord

Randomjords G60! Project 'Do Not Bankrupt Myself'

Hi everyone, i went away friom corrados last year but now im back as i couldnt stay away from them an especially couldnt stay away from G-laders!

Anyway, i bought this car here from a chap whos a member on here (hi!) and i love it! it started life as a 16v but had a G60 transplant a few years back and it was a darn good one from the looks of things! anyway il stop boring you now, i picked it up saturday like this........

corrado.jpg

co3.jpg

But i really dont like Sebrings so last night i bought theses

wheel.jpg

And fitted them this morning

co1.jpg

co2.jpg

Further plans are sort out the dsr arch rust and the bit on the ds sill, replace the shocks an springs with Coilovers, change the 2 slat grill back to a regular one (swap anyone?) and remove the eyebrow.

So yeah, cool!

I saw you had two gallery threads, so I locked the one with the least pics.

I really like rados in black. :)

Cheers man, i schoolboy errored an put the After pic where the Before one should have been!

Only clicked edit though? didnt know it would spawn another thread

very nice mate. get that rust sorted and it looks like you will have really good car to go at!

Cheers chaps, just to find someone decent to sort the rust out, so any recomendations in the Berks area?

Is that a standard G60 engine or is it tweaked?

I think its standard, although ungodly loud, the airbox is drilled to buggery, trying to source a new one asap, i hate not being able to hear the charger whiistle!

so anything new in the world of g tuning? my old mk2 was chip&pulleyed, aesermetric cam, aquamist, stage 2 charger, full exhaust an manifold system. want this one to be better!

Well i investigated the charger a bit more today, JMR are quite reputable, an its a Stage 4 charger, well it has S4 engraved in it aswell as JMR so this is a bit of an assumption on my part, but there seems to be a fair bit of oil about on the pipes so ive stopped using the car and booked it in at Storm Developments for a looksie! hopefully just shit pipes

jmr is very reputable! had my charger done by them and its alllllllllllll gooooooooooooood.The oil in the pipes could be oil being spat out of the engine ( breather pipe) i had that but now i have a catch tank for the breather and blocked the boost return off at the charger

Oh and i decided this is now a project, not a beater anymore, and its going to be project 'Do not Bankrupt Myself'

So called because all my previous cars ive paid top dollar on everything pretty much, but now im older (24 :lol: ) ive decided that i can build a kick arse car on a budget, an maybe do a few things myself an learn a bit along the way!

So..... here is the breakdown so far....

Bought

Car - £2200

AEZ Rims with tyres- £250

M3 styler rear lights - £45

Sold

Sebrings - £70

Total cost so far....£2425!

Spent some time at Storm today, first power run was 140ish bhp, i nearly cried, on investigating it was the fact that the boost pipe was just blowing all the air out into the engine bay (this explained why i could hear ait rushing under acceloration and it being 'sluggish!) so a new pipe was fabricated and voila..........197.5bhp!

Very happy, also whilst i was there they replaced my fuel lines which were pretty badly perished, and i booked back in for next week to tune up a bit more, an have a S5 SNS chip fitted.

Sweet

May want to contact JMR and see when the charger was done! Might be nearing rebuild time!

But 50 "free" HP for a pipe connection seems pretty good!

Been a while since i updated here! ah well since the last time i posted its had a new SNS chip, Made 212bhp on the rollers, went to spring fest.

coco.jpg

...changed the lights back to red/black.....oh and all these little journeys too....

jordans004.jpg

cq1.jpg

cq2.jpg

Really nice mate. Shame it's giving you some hassle at the moment...

Like the idea of keeping track of what you are spending, I try so hard to be careful, but it doesn't last long!